FOR SALE: Restored VE 9-55 -Lowered $5750 -Union / in route

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

FOR SALE: Restored VE 9-55 -Lowered $5750 -Union / in route

Post by Victrola-Monkey »

This is my only VE 9-55 Electrola (serial# 2061) I have available for sale and is available for $6500 or best offer. My other VE 9-55 (serial# 766) was sold to Raphael and he got over $1500 more than this when he sold it to his client that had been searching for a restored one.

It’s 100% operational and surely is a beautiful and rare machine. As you know, it’s Victor Talking Machine Company’s first changer phonograph and Radiola 28 combination set.

I have completely taken the changer apart, cleaned it and oiled/greased it before reassembly. This was my 17th changer I have done this to in the last year. The changer’s 5 pot metal parts and gears were replaced with newly casted aluminum ones and new Boston Gear Company’s brass gears. The original pot metal loop antenna arm gear was also replaced with a perfect operating aluminum replacement.

The amplifier was rebuilt with new capacitors and resistors by ChuckA, a well known highly respected phonograph and electronics expert.

Everything works great. The cabinet’s finish is in excellent original condition, however there is a veneer peal on the front edge of the top surface.

*I am offering free delivery to the Union IL Phonograph Show on June 8th or to your place if it is along my route between Florida and Illinois or Michigan.

For additional photos and video, please click on the following eBay link, but if you are interested please contact me via a PM or email to get the better than eBay price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123789431981
Attachments
2061 -2.jpg
2061 -3.jpg
Last edited by Victrola-Monkey on Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Re: FOR SALE: Restored VE 9-55 Electrola - Union or in route

Post by travisgreyfox »

:shock: She is a real beauty! You are an asset to this hobby fixing up these old machines. Great job and good luck on the sale!

-Travis

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: Restored VE 9-55 - $5750 - Union or in route

Post by Victrola-Monkey »

Thanks Travis.

I have lowered the price as a Union Phonograph Show incentive and to a provide the opportunity for the buyer to take advantage of free delivery to anywhere along my route to Union from Florida, and maybe if Jerry has room, delivery out to the west coast.

New price $5750.

Video of it in operation:

https://youtu.be/en1AVgIRtpQ

Raphael
Victor IV

Re: FOR SALE: Restored VE 9-55 -Lowered $5750 -Union / in ro

Post by Raphael »

I get questioned all the time, i.e. what phono has better sound, is more reliable, etc. I tell my customers that far more importantly is the current condition, not 100 years ago when it was made. And who did the restoration, how does it sound now, etc.

Which brings me to this piece, of which I recently had the pleasure of meeting Wayne and buying a 9-55 from him. You can read more details in other posts. But the bottom line is, this is one serious guy who brings these babies back to life and to a degree that a buyer may not need service for many years to come.

The reference books say that these originally sold for $1500. That’s about a zillion dollars in today’s money. If you’re hesitant over Wayne’s price, I say go for it, you can buy crap anywhere, but this kind of quality speaks for itself.

Raphael