SOLD: Steinberg 7th Symphony (Shostakovich) 78 box - $20

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
luke68
Victor O

SOLD: Steinberg 7th Symphony (Shostakovich) 78 box - $20

Post by luke68 »

MUSICRAFT RECORDS RELEASE - SET OF EIGHT 12" 78rpm RECORDS - comes in an outer box which has some damage.

Looks like this set was barely played! Cover is in GREAT condition (completely intact but part has come unglued from the spine, light wear to edges & corners, small amount of writing on inside cover) and ALL records are in E / EXCELLENT condition (very shiny surface, few light paper scuffs / hairline scratches, LOOK GREAT - visual grading).

SORRY FOR HIGH INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING PRICES, BUT THIS SET IS VERY HEAVY (set alone weighs 8lbs) AND WILL BE COSTLY TO SHIP OVERSEAS.

Buyer to pay postage:

$8.50 shipping (bookrate/media mail) within the US,
$65.00 to Canada, OR
$85.00 for international postage.

US Priority mail and insurance will vary. All 78s are double-boxed with sufficient packaging and protection.

Each 78 is graded carefully and conservatively using the standard VJM 78rpm grading system.
Attachments
DSC03556.JPG
DSC03557.JPG
DSC03558.JPG
DSC03559.JPG
DSC03560.JPG
DSC03561.JPG
DSC03562.JPG
Last edited by luke68 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: FOR SALE: Steinberg 7th Symphony (Shostakovich) 78 box -

Post by marcapra »

Are these records shellac or vinyl? You may not be able to tell, but vinyl would have some flexibility to them. But it's a risk to test shellac records for flexibility for obvious reasons! Sometimes late 40s 78s say unbreakable or vinylite on the label. Thanks, Marc.

luke68
Victor O

Post by luke68 »

They are definitely shellac. Any interest in buying the set?

Joseph Clack
Victor Jr
Personal Text: records galore

Post by Joseph Clack »

I found this set a few years ago in a Goodwill store--autographed by Steinberg. The records looked unplayed and the album was intact. I offered it on ebay for $25, hoping it would go for more. It didn't, but someone bought it and another set with 3 12" records. So I shipped all 11 records from SF to NY. I was in suspense for a couple weeks, expecting breakage, but the buyer did not notify me, so I assume they all got there intact. A real trial-by-fire in shipping!