SOLD: EDISON LOT - $100

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
PHONOMIKE
Victor III

SOLD: EDISON LOT - $100

Post by PHONOMIKE »

I don't collect Edison so I'd like to sell these items.

There is a small framed picture (The old man listening to Edison phonograph) 2 Edison keys (dolphin and "E") 2 key escutcheons, a couple record slips, and a elbow (not sure if its for Edison but it's included) A reproducer is also included. It isn't Edison but it looks closer to a Edison than a Victor so I'm throwing it in as well.

Asking $100 plus $8 shipping.

PM me if interested or first to say sold gets it. Thanks.

Mike
Attachments
EDISON6.jpg
EDISON5.jpg
EDISON4.jpg
EDISON3.jpg
EDISON2.jpg
EDISON1.jpg
Last edited by PHONOMIKE on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Re: FOR SALE: EDISON LOT - $100

Post by Mormon S »

The reproducer is from an ediphone for those wondering.

Martin

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

If those keys are real and not repros, SOLD. Marc

PHONOMIKE
Victor III

Post by PHONOMIKE »

marcapra wrote:If those keys are real and not repros, SOLD. Marc
I believe they are real. They came from a long time collector after he passed. I don't collect Edison so I'm not as familiar with them. Is there anything I can look for to determine if they are real or fakes?

Mike

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

That's a good question. Here is pic I took of two dolphin keys. One is fake and one I think is real. At least that is what a collector told me.
The one on the right is definitely a repro and the one on the left I think is real. Notice the poor quality of the metal color and less definition in the details of the dolphin on the right.
Attachments
P1010431.JPG
P1010432.JPG

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

marcapra wrote:That's a good question. Here is pic I took of two dolphin keys. One is fake and one I think is real. At least that is what a collector told me.
The one on the right is definitely a repro and the one on the left I think is real. Notice the poor quality of the metal color and less definition in the details of the dolphin on the right.
Do keep in mind that not all dolphin keys were made for Edison cabinets. Other companies supplied them too, so it's quite possible that your "repro" key was just made for some other company. I have at least one dolphin key that doesn't open any Edison lock.

marcapra
Victor V

Post by marcapra »

Yes I bought a wrong dolphin key once that was advertised as an Edison key. The wrong key had a longer shaft. I know the key pictured above is a repro because I bought it from the guy who made it.

PHONOMIKE
Victor III

Post by PHONOMIKE »

Here's a couple close ups if this helps to determine if they are the real deal. The dolphin key is 2.5" and the E key is 2"

Mike
Attachments
ED1.jpg
ED2.jpg

studebakerphonos
Victor II
Personal Text: Skilled Craftsman produce radio cabinets at RCA Victor in Camden, N.J.

Post by studebakerphonos »

Ok, I love Flipper, but, they look like Dragons or Serpents, not Dolphins to me :D :lol:

marcapra
Victor V

Post by marcapra »

Mike, From what I can see they are the real McCoys! Thanks for the excellent pics! Marc.
Ok, I love Flipper, but, they look like Dragons or Serpents, not Dolphins to me :D :lol:
You're right! Those dolphins were copied from Renaissance Italian artists who thought dolphins were some kind of wild looking fish!