SOLD: Edison Opera Phonograph

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
ticticdok
Victor III

Re: For Sale: Edison Opera Phonograph - INQUIRE

Post by ticticdok »

My experience with these machines as well as watches I deal with, when people want you to name a price, they usually already know what they want for the item and fishing for more money. Like Raphael, if they can’t give me a price, discussion is over...

fullvan
Victor Jr

Post by fullvan »

Sorry to all for the delayed reply, to answer the questions of the forum members, here goes.

This is not a ghost ad. We are attempting to work in good faith in regards to the rules of this forum. We used the Inquire in our title to accept offers as specified in the Forum Rules section.

We've been asked by multiple people to provide more pictures, videos and record inventory (see attached files) This takes time, as well as researching the phonograph, cabinet and records online.

We live in the Kansas City, Missouri area.

Short video, https://youtu.be/hrgnoFEb_8A (sorry for the grainy video)

Price: $5500

FYI...the boot isn't for sale. LOL
Attachments
Records Listing.pdf
This is only a partial listing, 4 out of 6 drawers have been completed.
(158.54 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Cabinet Drawers combined.jpg
IMG_9723.JPG
IMG_9722.JPG
IMG_9715.JPG
IMG_9712.JPG
IMG_9704.JPG
IMG_9703.JPG
IMG_9692.JPG
IMG_9686.JPG
IMG_9685 (2).jpg

msarnold1990
Victor O

Post by msarnold1990 »

Price is way too high for any informed, serious buyer. That machine needs some serious tlc. I've sold much nicer condition Operas for less. The records and cabinet may add some value, but if they are in bad condition, they are worthless.

fullvan
Victor Jr

Post by fullvan »

msarnold1990 wrote:Price is way too high for any informed, serious buyer. That machine needs some serious tlc. I've sold much nicer condition Operas for less. The records and cabinet may add some value, but if they are in bad condition, they are worthless.

Thank you for your reply, it is greatly appreciated. Open and honest constructive discussions are welcome to educate sellers. If you are interested in making an offer based on your experience and expertise, feel free to contact us.

Bruce
Victor III

Post by Bruce »

Hello Fullvan

I have sent you a personal message (PM) with some advice on your machine. You can find these PMs under "new messages" on the Forum main page.

Best of Luck with the sale of this nice machine

Bruce

fullvan
Victor Jr

SOLD: Edison Opera Phonograph

Post by fullvan »

To all Forum members:

We would like to thank all who have commented and made an offer for our Edison Opera. It has been sold.