FOR SALE: Hot Electric Edison DD 52241 Let A Smile Be - $125

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

FOR SALE: Hot Electric Edison DD 52241 Let A Smile Be - $125

Post by FellowCollector »

A good friend was over to visit yesterday and he asked to look through some of the Diamond Discs in my collection. Unfortunately, my Edison DD collection is not well organized and, quite frankly, it has grown to an enormous size. So I told him that he should be careful what he asks for. :lol: After about two hours of both of us looking, lifting and moving stuff it was with great joy that I uncovered several full milk crates of nice 52000 series Diamond Discs that I had purchased and stored away more than 25 years ago. I'd not seen these records since 1994 and there were quite a few that I had completely forgotten that I had!

Anyway, I decided that I might as well offer some of them for sale. This particular one here has always been a favorite of mine, especially the "Umbrella" side which is hotter than a pistol. ;)

52241 - Let A Smile Be Your Umbrella On A Rainy Day - Fox Trot with wonderful Vocals by "Happy" Jack Parker - Louis Lilienfeld With His Hotel Biltmore Orchestra

-and-

Since My Best Girl Turned Me Down - Fox Trot - Winegar's Pennsylvania Boys

Both sides play well on one of my Edison Diamond Disc phonographs. There is an edge flake and a noticeable scratch on the "Best Girl" side and a harmless scratch on the blank 'skating' surface on the Umbrella side between the label and well after the end of the recording (see picture).

PM with interest.

Thanks.
Doug
Attachments
IMG_4947.JPG
IMG_4948.JPG
IMG_4949.JPG