FOR SALE: REPRODUCTION VICTOR VI NAMEPLATES

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Raphael
Victor IV

FOR SALE: REPRODUCTION VICTOR VI NAMEPLATES

Post by Raphael »

A number of years ago, Eduardo in Peru needed a nameplate for a Victor VI that he had made a cabinet for. He came to me looking for a solution, and when none was at hand I suggested that he make one himself, and to defray the cost of tooling, etc., I would buy a number of others from him. If you know what a perfectionist Eduardo is, you will then believe that it took about nine months and countless prototypes until he arrived at a nameplate that would satisfy himself.

I've shown these nameplates to a few of the pickiest, most demanding people that I know and they say that they are virtually indistinguishable from the originals. Each has a different serial number.

I have never used one of these myself and quite frankly don't know why I bought them, they have sat in my desk drawer ever since arriving here.

So, of those of you who don't need one of these, most will say "tsk tsk". But if you need one, you will be over the moon to find even a repro, especially of this caliber.

$95/each includes postage in the U.S., $110 internationally. PayPal Friends & Family to: jamescole@musicaltreasuresofmiami.com

Please, email any questions, no PM's.

Raphael
Attachments
DSC_0162.JPG
DSC_0163.JPG

startgroove
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: REPRODUCTION VICTOR VI NAMEPLATES

Post by startgroove »

very nice copy, I would use it in a heartbeat if I needed one for Victor VI. I do wish the number boxes were blank, I need one for a Victor MS and a friend needs one for a Victor D.

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

Eight (8) of these went out already, I have about 6 left.

Raphael

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

startgroove wrote:very nice copy, I would use it in a heartbeat if I needed one for Victor VI. I do wish the number boxes were blank, I need one for a Victor MS and a friend needs one for a Victor D.
I asked Eduardo to check his supply, and he does have two suitable blanks which he will send to me together with his next shipment, whenever that is. Mail service between Peru and the U.S., indeed many foreign destinations, is at a virtual standstill. I have outbound stuff bound for Europe and Asia stuck in the USPS system and hasn't moved for many weeks.

Raphael

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

I got mine in this mornings mail and I must say it’s beautiful. I can’t tell the difference between this one and an original. Thank you Raphael I never thought I’d find one.

Rich Gordon

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

Only a few left, when they're gone there we be no re-supply.

Raphael