FOR SALE: early Victor 6 phonograph with metal horn - $3500

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
musicmasters
Victor Jr

FOR SALE: early Victor 6 phonograph with metal horn - $3500

Post by musicmasters »

I have for sale an early Victor 6 phonograph with a metal horn. I have taken a few photographs of the phonograph and added them to the description. The metal tag on the side of the cabinet has the serial number 1772. The phonograph was found this way and is unrestored. The cabinet is mahogany and has the original finish which is generally good, but has an alligatored appearance (especially on the top of the cabinet). The horn is metal and black, but does not have a Victor decal, so I believe it is not a Victor horn, but is original to this machine (I know some of the history of this machine and this horn has probably been with this phonograph since day one). There are some scratches, a couple of small bends, and one small dent to the horn, but is in generally good condition. Might need some polishing. There are a few problems with the cabinet. Part of the brake (for the turntable) is missing. There is a small dent on the one side of the cabinet that must have happened from the inside out. Nothing seems to be missing though. The clip that is pushed to lift the motor board up is missing. The crank with the phonograph seems to work fine, though it is not gold plated, so it is probably not the original crank. Hopefully the photographs will help more than my description. Asking $3500. The phonograph is located about 25 miles west of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It could possibly be delivered to the Wayne, New Jersey music show in October, or could be picked up by someone going or returning to/from the show. Thanks. David. 78disc@comcast.net
Attachments
six1.JPG
six1.JPG (87.96 KiB) Viewed 577 times
six2.JPG
six2.JPG (80.88 KiB) Viewed 577 times
six3.JPG
six3.JPG (91.37 KiB) Viewed 577 times
six4.JPG
six4.JPG (85.07 KiB) Viewed 577 times
six5.JPG
six5.JPG (81.69 KiB) Viewed 577 times
six6.JPG