Wanted - Columbia HG recorder

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Kent in KC
Victor II

Wanted - Columbia HG recorder

Post by Kent in KC »

I recently acquired a Home Grand Graphophone and am wondering if there was a recorder specific to this model. My research (Hazelcorn book, internet, etc.) has turned up nothing - not even a picture. Since it has a shaver, I'm assuming it also could have a recorder. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kent kent@schoneman.net

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Wanted - Columbia HG recorder

Post by phonogfp »

I bought this AG out of a house in 1983, and it came with its Reproducer and Recorder in boxes, marked "HG." (Click the image twice to enlarge.) The Recorder looks like a conventional Graphophone Recorder of the period, so you'd probably be okay with a long-shanked floating Recorder of the same timeframe.

George P.
HG.JPG

Kent in KC
Victor II

Post by Kent in KC »

Thanks George - sent you a followup PM.

Kent in KC
Victor II

Post by Kent in KC »

IMG_8363.JPG
IMG_8364.JPG
George

Thanks - I’ve got two recorders. Unfortunately the one that is slightly larger is missing the mica and cutter. Assume that’s the right one. If not too much trouble could you give me an overall length?

Kent

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Kent - - I've replied via PM.

George P.

Kent in KC
Victor II

Post by Kent in KC »

More info from George: the recorder has an overall length of 2 ¼" and has the two "fingers" to catch the lift mechanism on the trunion. If anyone has one like that I'd be interested in buying or trading. Thanks