Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Thorhallur
Victor O

WANTED: Edison C-250 with shipping overseas

Post by Thorhallur »

Looking for a C-250 that someone would be willing to pack and ship to Icceland

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: WANTED: Edison C-250 with shipping overseas

Post by Jerry B. »

The machine you desire is fairly easy to find in the US. The difficulty is the expense and difficulty of crating and shipping. I don't know the requirements for shipping to Iceland but I was involved with shipping to New Zealand. I was informed and cautioned that and wood products used for crating must have a stamp indicating it has been inspected for insects and approved for international shipping. If the shipper ignored or was unaware of the need for special wood products the crate and its contents could be incinerated.

If you asked a prospective seller to deliver the machine to qualified packer/shipper you might get what you desire. Would you be happy with an A or B-250 or a C-19? I hope your search for a Diamond Disc is successful.

Jerry Blais

(The C-19 on the first page of the Trader looks really special. The seller is in the greater Los Angeles area and there should be several business that crate and ship. Just a suggestion. :) )

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Thor, I don't know if this will be helpful in your situation or not, but some years back I sold a Porsche 356 to a buyer in Iceland, and the buyer arranged payment, pickup, and shipping through ICE Global logistics. ICE was very efficient and made the transaction a pleasure for both of us. I was impressed with the whole procedure. I did ask them and they also handle collection, packaging, and importation of furniture and gramophones.

You might give them a try.

http://www.igl.is/
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Thorhallur
Victor O

Post by Thorhallur »

Jerry B. wrote:The machine you desire is fairly easy to find in the US. The difficulty is the expense and difficulty of crating and shipping. I don't know the requirements for shipping to Iceland but I was involved with shipping to New Zealand. I was informed and cautioned that and wood products used for crating must have a stamp indicating it has been inspected for insects and approved for international shipping. If the shipper ignored or was unaware of the need for special wood products the crate and its contents could be incinerated.

If you asked a prospective seller to deliver the machine to qualified packer/shipper you might get what you desire. Would you be happy with an A or B-250 or a C-19? I hope your search for a Diamond Disc is successful.

Jerry Blais

(The C-19 on the first page of the Trader looks really special. The seller is in the greater Los Angeles area and there should be several business that crate and ship. Just a suggestion. :) )
Yes, a C-19 would also do the trick as it is quite similar to the C-250. I'm sure I'll find a nice DD machine eventually

Thorhallur
Victor O

Post by Thorhallur »

gramophone-georg wrote:Thor, I don't know if this will be helpful in your situation or not, but some years back I sold a Porsche 356 to a buyer in Iceland, and the buyer arranged payment, pickup, and shipping through ICE Global logistics. ICE was very efficient and made the transaction a pleasure for both of us. I was impressed with the whole procedure. I did ask them and they also handle collection, packaging, and importation of furniture and gramophones.

You might give them a try.

http://www.igl.is/
Ah thanks, I'll check them out!