WANTED: Reproducer parts for US Phonograph

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Phono+888
Victor O

WANTED: Reproducer parts for US Phonograph

Post by Phono+888 »

Hi,

I am after some parts or some to help me complete my US Phonograph Reproducer. I have a mint condition machine just need the reproducer fixed.I am locted in Australia.

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_1916.JPG
IMG_1915.JPG

MTPhono
Victor III

Re: WANTED: Reproducer parts for US Phonograph

Post by MTPhono »

You should contact Paul Baker. He restored/recreated my US Phonograph reproducer and it works beautifully.

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

I did? Which one was that? Scott,Send me a photo to refresh my memory

MTPhono
Victor III

Post by MTPhono »

Paul - to spare some confusion, I purchased the machine from Bruce (if I remember correctly) - the guy that lives in Europe but houses much of his collection in Minnesota. When I bought it he said you did the restoration work and was seriously impressed. Being familiar with your work I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.
Attachments
2019-11-10 19.28.34.jpg
2019-11-10 19.30.00.jpg

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

NICE Tom

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

MTPhono wrote:Paul - to spare some confusion, I purchased the machine from Bruce (if I remember correctly) - the guy that lives in Europe but houses much of his collection in Minnesota. When I bought it he said you did the restoration work and was seriously impressed. Being familiar with your work I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.
Paul, Scott, to add a bit more to the story, I purchased this machine from Charlie Bradley in Minnesota, back when you and I Paul both had full heads of hair, early 80s maybe? The reproducer was a mess and you totally rebuilt it. Charlie has since passed on. After 30++ years I decided it needed a new home and sold it on to Scott.

Scott, glad to hear it's still playing loud and clear!

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

Wow! That brings back old memories! I have to say my work was a bit cruder back then but I would always get it to work well. There isn't much of anything useful in that bunch of parts on eBay. They're pretty rough.

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

Hopefully within the nest year I will be producing a complete reproduction reproducer in brass. No more problems with US machines

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

Wow! Keep us updated on that! I got my machine to work in 4 minute only, and I have to hold up the weight to put a cylinder on the mandrel to play--but at least it can play a cylinder. I would love to have the whole thing working right again. Looking forward to hearing more about your project to reproduce these reproducers in brass!

Mike Sorter
Riverside, CA