VV-X or VV-XI wanted in Indiana, late model preferred

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
dennman6
Victor I

VV-X or VV-XI wanted in Indiana, late model preferred

Post by dennman6 »

Greetings, all. I'm looking to replace a 1921 VV-X that I pretty much destroyed when I was 13 after the spring went BOING. From age 8 I listened to 78s on this up in our attic in Schenectady-still have the 50-odd records that were in it. I decided to take the motor apart & "fix" it. I was a hyper kid with a short temper & went ballistic on the remnants-lucky my dad didn't kill me then:) I would want to get a fully functional unit with cabinet, motor, & soundbox in reasonably good shape. I'm working within a $300 budget.

You can see what's left of the Victrola after I made the best of things & transformed it into a vintage extension speaker(using a 6x9 coaxial speaker from a 1970s Newcomb record player). This was serial number 460721, in the red mahogany. I'd like the mahogany, but any finish is fine with me. Here in Indy on Craigslist there is a VV-X in oak for $300, with maybe a dozen records(1940s stuff)-not sure if that's a good price for oak or not. There WAS also a tabletop VV-X in oak for $200, which has sold. Thanks for any collectors who have one of these & care to part with it.

Dennis Forkel
Attachments
VV-X 460721 c.JPG
VV-X 460721 b.JPG
VV-X 460721 a.JPG

Skihawx
Victor III

Re: VV-X or VV-XI wanted in Indiana, late model preferred

Post by Skihawx »

Doesn't look like your cabinet it that bad. I'd look
for a junker VV-X and swap the important parts. There
may be some parts on the back missing but a decent Victor
VV-X should not be more than $200.00.

JohnM
Victor V

Re: VV-X or VV-XI wanted in Indiana, late model preferred

Post by JohnM »

We've been in the Elkhart/Goshen area for the past couple of days and have pretty much hit every antiques venue in a 50-mi. radius. I saw an XI yesterday in Goshen at the mall downtown, but didn't pay attention to the price -- sorry. There was a VV-VI there, too, for $175, plus a Diamond Disc, a Silvertone (that has been there at least two years that I can remember), and an early flat-molding base IX.

You can also contact George Vollema at victrola 'at' triton 'dot' net. He'll have everything you need to complete yours,
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan