Revised. Victor V.

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
USlakeside
Victor III

Revised. Victor V.

Post by USlakeside »

On my mobile so this is a short version. Victor five with speartip horn. Finish original, matching and very nice. I'm looking to see if anyone local is interested. send me a. Pm. for details.
Last edited by USlakeside on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USlakeside
Victor III

Re: victor five with speartip horn

Post by USlakeside »

I am in nyc. No car

USlakeside
Victor III

PICTURES victor five with speartip horn

Post by USlakeside »

A few pictures. $3000 or best offer.
Attachments
IMG_0759.JPG

USlakeside
Victor III

Post by USlakeside »

I took these photographs while I had the motor out for inspection.

One governor spring is broken, but the weight is there. Needs a new spring steel piece.
The regulator on the governor, or the "yolk" is not attached, but I have it. I havent figured out how to put it back on yet. It could be missing a screw or something.
There is a tiny pin hole in the horn.
The horns metal end is slightly loose, the "nipple" for lack of a better term, is also somewhat worn down. It looks like someone fidgeted with this end of the horn to get it on tight. With a slight turn its snug, and I imagine it would just need some glue inserted with a syringe. The panels on the horn are fine, but there are a few points where they have come loose, but this does not affect the overall structure at all. You can't even see this. Very slight.
The horn elbow is nice, but the slot for the nipple is a bit warped. So basically, the connection from the horn to elbow looks fine, but it would need a slight adjustment before the horn could be left on there without worry. Its a matter of delicately pressing the slot on the elbow into form, a matter of millimeters.
Decal on the horn is nice.
There is a little bit of white masking tape on the narrow end of the horn. I cleaned and oiled the horn (these photos are after that) and I think the paper tape is dissolving, but I wanted to do it gently and not tear it off.
The case is really really nice. The finish is about as good as I have seen. The backbracket isnt shiny, but all of the gold filigree is intact. I havent put the motor in yet to test it out, but it was spinning on its own. It would need cleaning and some oil, but I believe the springs are fine. The bullet brake, for the moment, is grimy, but the speed control is nice and shiny. Felt on the TT is original too.

Overall I would say its a nice sharp machine. Its got a few flaws, but these are secondary.
Attachments
IMG_0758.JPG

USlakeside
Victor III

Post by USlakeside »

Attachments
IMG_0772.JPG

USlakeside
Victor III

Post by USlakeside »

This machine is almost ready, I had to repair the governor and the parts are on the way. I know some collectors may be coming upstate to Wayne, and I am in NYC. If anyone is interested in this machine, let me know. Feel free to make me an offer.