Revised. Victor IV. $2925 for pick up.

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
USlakeside
Victor III

Revised. Victor IV. $2925 for pick up.

Post by USlakeside »

This is an all original Victor IV. The horn and case appear to have been together long enough to age together, from my observation. They match excellently. The horn has a bright decal that sits lower (think 4oclock instead of 2oclock). Also, the neck of the horn is gold trimmed, not nickel. This makes me believe it was intended for a VI, but maybe was put on the IV because of limited availability? The match, again, with the case is so on point that its hard to imagine it being attached later. There are a few scuffs on outside of the horn and one mild bubble on the interior. These are highlighted in the pictures. The neck also is stuck in the elbow and I have no intention of trying to remove this. These wooden horns can be fragile. There is the slightest give when you twist the horn, and its the collar moving on the wood. This is common, but I will not try any harder to remove the elbow. The tone arm, speed control, bullet brake, thumbscrews on the back bracket and horn elbow screw, as well as the crank, and crank escutcheon all have strong plating. They were polished gently with mothers metal polish. The back bracket retains all its beautiful pin stripes in gold and blue. It has a coat of museum wax applied to it for protection. The case is gorgeous deep mahogany and has never been refinished. Only a few minor scuffs are apparent. There is slight alligatoring all over this machine, but its very very faint, and does not split any of the finish at all. The nameplate on the front of the case is original and has the nickel plating as well as the filler enamel in black. The motor is totally clean, runs smoothly and quietly, and looks to me to have nothing replaced. The turn table felt is original and even the rim around the turn table has the original plating of nickel! All in all this is a very nice IV that needs very little attention. The only thing left to do is have the reproducer serviced and restored. I left this untouched. The case and horn have been treated with Kotten Kleansor feeder wax

$2925 if you pick it up. Not going to find a better price for such a great condition machine.
Last edited by USlakeside on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

USlakeside
Victor III

Re: Initial interest? Victor IV with Speartip horn for sale.

Post by USlakeside »

Here is an image. I have more for serious interested parties. Please don't ask if your not serious, its tedious to send large images via email.
Attachments
IMG_0807.JPG

USlakeside
Victor III

Re: Revised. Victor IV. $2925 for pick up.

Post by USlakeside »

The machine is on ebay for more pictures. If someone wants it for the TMF price, let me know and the auction will end. That is, if no one has bid.
Thanks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1154