Starr Grill & Frame Needed

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
wacvet67
Victor Jr

Starr Grill & Frame Needed

Post by wacvet67 »

Hello Everyone from North Carolina!

In December 2008, my hubby and I purchased our Starr phonograph floor model. It was in very good shape; however, it was missing the grill and grill frame. A friend of ours in another state has the same model so we know the grill had a lyre in the middle of gothic-style arches. We had the motor and reproducer serviced so now all that's left is to locate or perhaps have made, a grill.

Any assistance in locating a grill (preferable) would be greatly appreciated. I could furnish a picture of what we need.

Thanks,

Carolyn & Mike Comfort :)

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Starr Grill & Frame Needed

Post by MordEth »

Carolyn,

Welcome to The Talking Machine Forum!

Hopefully someone can help you locate one, but should you not have any success with that, as long as your friend can take a good head-on photo of it and provide dimensions, I could make a pattern for you to use to have a reproduction cut.

Although if your friend is willing to remove their grille (assuming that this can be done easily), you could always have them trace it.

Good luck in your search!

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

schweg
Victor III

Re: Starr Grill & Frame Needed

Post by schweg »

Grills in his pictures look great- anyone ordered one to give more info on them?

Gramp's Treasures: Contact Information
Tom Rutkowski & Elmer

Telephone
810-359-2376
FAX
810-359-2430
Postal address
3405 Lakeshore, Lexington, MI 48450
Electronic mail
grillmr@greatlakes.net

Steve