Victor II phonograph "Humpback"

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Tinman81
Victor Jr

Victor II phonograph "Humpback"

Post by Tinman81 »

Hey guys
I'm looking for a "Complete Back Bracket Assembly" for my Victor Phonograph Humpback model. Also if you have or know of anyone who may have the Back Bracket or any other replacent parts please reply. Thanks.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Victor II phonograph "Humpback"

Post by Jerry B. »

The back bracket and all complimentary parts are the same on the humpback and the majority of plain Vic II's. The exception would be late plain case Vic II's with the slide in elbow and back bracket. I guess I'm trying to suggest that you shouldn't limit yourself to parts that came only from a humpback parts machine. Jerry Blais

fonograph
Victor II

Post by fonograph »

I've got a backbracket, if you can find the tone arm and elbow.
Bob

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Very nice reproduction elbows are available from Ron Sitko. He'll also have the clip & screw. I don't know if any of the early Victrola tone arms will work with the Vic II. With an Exhibition attached, the needle should hit the spindle. If it's very far off, you've got the wrong tone arm.

I've got an Exhibition reproducer is you need one. It's been rebuilt and the price is $65.

Jerry Blais

I sold my extra Exhibition so it's no longer available.
Last edited by Jerry B. on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

I have a spare arm for the Vic 2.

Tinman81
Victor Jr

Post by Tinman81 »

Thanks guys for all your help. Thought I would let y'all know I have a "Morning Glory Horn" w/ Elbow. So I guess yall could tell me if the parts you guys are talking about will fit. Im afraid my knowledge of phonographs is quit limited. Sorry. How much are you asking Bob for your Back Bracket? Any advice you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated. Also Jerry, we have emailed back an forth several times. I have the pictures of the reproducer you have for sale. If either of y'all try an email me, well I have a new email address if y'all need it for quicker communication. Thanks for the help an advice guys.