SOLD: Outstanding Victor III, $1995 SHIPPED in USA!

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
gramophone-georg
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Re: SOLD: Outstanding Victor III, $1995 SHIPPED in USA!

Post by gramophone-georg »

Thanks for the kind words, Travis. It was good to see this machine go to a true enthusiast. Glad to see you starting the chilluns off early, too. Enjoy the machine!
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

A beautiful example, and a lucky new owner!

I'm curious about the difference in the color of the finish between Georg's photos and Travis' photos. Georg, were your pics taken under LED or flourescent lights?

gramophone-georg
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

JerryVan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:48 am A beautiful example, and a lucky new owner!

I'm curious about the difference in the color of the finish between Georg's photos and Travis' photos. Georg, were your pics taken under LED or flourescent lights?
Yes, white LEDs, which I absolutely hate. It's one of the few disagreements my wife and I have. She says she can see and read better with the white LEDs; they give me a damn headache. We are going to try a compromise of yellow LEDs. :lol: They are on the way from everybody's pal Bezos.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

gramophone-georg wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:08 pm
JerryVan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:48 am A beautiful example, and a lucky new owner!

Yes, white LEDs, which I absolutely hate. It's one of the few disagreements my wife and I have. She says she can see and read better with the white LEDs; they give me a damn headache. We are going to try a compromise of yellow LEDs. :lol: They are on the way from everybody's pal Bezos.
:lol: Looks as if I stepped in a hornet's nest!