Looking for a Victor VI and a matching cabinet

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
jvic
Victor O

Looking for a Victor VI and a matching cabinet

Post by jvic »

Hello, dreaming I know, but what the heck........I am looking to purchase a Victor VI in working, and decent, complete condition, or better....and a matching cabinet. No need for the VI and the cabinet to be a pair today. I prefer the Mahogany spear tip horn and a late model, but WILL consider any. Please send me a PM with details and photo(s) to start if you can. Not in a hurry, been looking at them on and off for 25 years, but now ready to purchase the right machine at the right price. What's out there? Thanks so much

Jeff :| 8-)

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Looking for a Victor VI and a matching cabinet

Post by Jerry B. »

I just curious... what do you expect to pay for a matching Vic VI cabinet?

sxaymojo

Post by sxaymojo »

Hi

Here is a picture of a machine and cabinet I saw sell on ebay some time ago, I would have like to have bought it myself.

Regards Marcel

saxymojo
Victor II

Post by saxymojo »

Hi

This is a machine and cabinet I watched sell on ebay some time ago, very nice.

Regards Marcel
Attachments
d3b4_12.JPG
d3b4_12.JPG (28.29 KiB) Viewed 1729 times

jvic
Victor O

Post by jvic »

Interesting on what I expect to pay.....I'd have to answer that by saying it really depends on what cabinet. I am looking at a very nice no-brand phonograph cabinet that a VI would look fine on at $350, and am aware of a Hertzog full match for the VI with an asking price of $12,000. I am not in the $12,000 range.....or anywhere near it all. Unless there is someone feeling very generous out there willing to meet me towards the other end of the spectrum ;)

Jeff

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Jerry B. »

I'm looking at Marcel's post and photo. In my opinion, the record cabinet in the photo is worth more than the complete Vic VI on top and perhaps quite a bit more. It might not be a $12,000 cabinet but that's not too far off. When I go to Union in June, there will be several Vic VI's and I expect prices to range from $4,000 to $6,000. Maybe what you're really looking to buy is an appropriate cabinet for a Vic VI as well as the machine. A very attractive mahogany cabinet should be much more affordable and your future Vic VI will look great with it. Jerry Blais

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Jerry B. »

Marcel, did the machine in your post meet reserve? What was the selling price? If not, how high did the bids reach? Thanks, Jerry

saxymojo
Victor II

Post by saxymojo »

Hi

I don't recall how much it sold for but, I do remember it sold. This listing is from November 2008, maybe if it was searched for on google, there may be some information on the selling price.

Regards Marcel

jvic
Victor O

Post by jvic »

Thanks for the replies. Cant find that one on ebay. Maybe a large seller with the "premier" ebay access can look it up? They only keep listings viewable for 90 days without that level of access. Another set up from a Musical Treasures of Miami sold for about $7k recently but it was not a true VI cabinet. I do have a Europe lead but it's getting odd.....same listings and pictures on multiple sites in different countries and different named people are responding to me stating that they are all the same listing as a private seller....bank to bank transfer only.....no ebay....no paypal.....and they won't/cant send pictures of the motor or soundbox/reproducer..... :twisted:

Jeff

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

jvic wrote:Thanks for the replies. Cant find that one on ebay. Maybe a large seller with the "premier" ebay access can look it up? They only keep listings viewable for 90 days without that level of access. Another set up from a Musical Treasures of Miami sold for about $7k recently but it was not a true VI cabinet. I do have a Europe lead but it's getting odd.....same listings and pictures on multiple sites in different countries and different named people are responding to me stating that they are all the same listing as a private seller....bank to bank transfer only.....no ebay....no paypal.....and they won't/cant send pictures of the motor or soundbox/reproducer..... :twisted:

Jeff
Does the 'lead' happen to use the name 'Brian'? :roll: