SOLD: Victor Monarch “M” Rear Mount $650

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Crank_it_up
Victor III

SOLD: Victor Monarch “M” Rear Mount $650

Post by Crank_it_up »

I’m offering this mostly original Victor Monarch for sale. This looks like an easy project for someone that wants to fully restore it or just clean it up and use it. The bevel gear type motor runs fine with a little thumping occasionally as the spring unwinds. The gears are all in good shape and other than the typical gear noise, which these motors are known for, it’s good to go. The cabinet finish is very dirty and the nickel finishes are worn in places but begging for someone to clean and polish. The 10” turntable and felt are original as is the backmount and mounting screws. The backmount is missing some striping as seen in the pics. The crank and elbow are reproductions. The horn measures about 11-½” in diameter and 17-½” long showing some dents that could use some help from an expert like John Duffy. The cabinet is very solid, all corners are tight and all trim is intact. Finish appears to be original but worn. There are 2 small repaired holes around the bullet brake indicating it had a different type brake at one time and someone installed the proper type later. There are also 2 small holes in the top rear part of the motor board as well as a split in the motor board not going all the way across the board just the front, should be an easy fix. Take a look at the pics. Exhibition reproducer is the later style with triangular shaped needle chuck and sounds good. If you have any questions or want to commit to buy please PM me. Payment to be with money order or personal check. Shipping will be at actual cost. I use Pirate Ship so it will be discounted charges. I’m experienced at shipping and use high quality packing materials. I’ll be selling a few more machines soon along with some parts. Thanks, Joe
Attachments
IMG_1513.jpeg
IMG_1489.jpeg
IMG_1501.jpeg
IMG_1502.jpeg
IMG_1468.jpeg
IMG_1488.jpeg
IMG_1514.jpeg
IMG_1520.jpeg
IMG_1517.jpeg
IMG_1513.jpeg
IMG_1475.jpeg
IMG_1470.jpeg
IMG_1493.jpeg
IMG_1484.jpeg
Last edited by Crank_it_up on Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

uncle-jimmy
Victor O

Re: FOR SALE: Victor Monarch “M” Rear Mount $650

Post by uncle-jimmy »

Hi Joe,
Please consider this Victor Monarch project as SOLD…
Thank you,
Jim.