Hexaphone wanted

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Homestead
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Deep in the East Texas Phonograph Desert

Hexaphone wanted

Post by Homestead »

I know it's a long shot but perhaps someone has the wooden box with window that covers the gear mechanism in the Hexaphones models 102 thru 104. Or perhaps someone can tell me who can fabricate one of them. They are so often missing as they can get in the way with repairs. Thanks for any and all tips. Below is a photo with the box in place and mine without it. Again thanks James Manker homesteadingintexas@gmail.com
Attachments
My 104 Hexaphone.jpeg
Hex102c.jpeg
Hex102c.jpeg (119.64 KiB) Viewed 348 times

bkasindorf
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Noisy antique collector

Re: Hexaphone wanted

Post by bkasindorf »

I don't have an extra but am willing to use mine to help you make one. I need a metal cover that covers the coin mech. If yours has that we can trade.
-Barry Noisy Antiques

Homestead
Victor Jr

Post by Homestead »

Greetings Barry! I've got someone with a replica writing me....yay! If that falls thru I'll get back on that. Yes I have the cover. I will take full pics of metal cover make tracings and measurements.....now I'm not an engineer but the coin box lid isn't a Rolex watch either ..so I'm sure we will be good. It's a stout chunk of metal. I've enjoyed reading your posts on the web. Give me a couple days and I will post the pics and sketch on the forum. That way you can print it out and get it to your metal shop....or if you are that handy fabricate it yourself! So glad we collectors help each other out....makes our hobby and life so much better! James Manker

Homestead
Victor Jr

Post by Homestead »

A super wonderful collector send a spare one he never used, to me. Wow, what a blessing. Thanks again Steve for your kindness! James Manker