FOR SALE: CIRCASSIAN L-DOOR VICTROLA (PROJECT) - $2500 ADDITIONAL PARTS ADDED

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
PHONOMIKE
Victor III

FOR SALE: CIRCASSIAN L-DOOR VICTROLA (PROJECT) - $2500 ADDITIONAL PARTS ADDED

Post by PHONOMIKE »

I have decided that I am not going to try to restore this machine. It's an early circassian walnut Victor model B L-door machine. I picked it up with intentions to bring it back to life but I've lost interest in the project.
When I got it, it had been converted to a beverage cabinet. Some cutting was done to the top board and interior cabinet. The pictures will show this. I have sourced out the missing wood pieces thru several members here and thru some connections. The replacement wood pieces I have will complete the cabinet, but they are mahogany so they will need to be sanded, bleached and stained to match the brown color of the machine. I even found the correct motor board that sits on top of the top board but again is mahogany. The board will cover most of the cut away portion of the top board, but a little will show on the right side. If you have wood skills, that can be filled and stained to match and would make it mostly un-noticeable.

I've taken lots of pictures to show what I have explained above. The outside finish is original and untouched. This could make a nice project for the right person and would look great when finished and probably at a great price for this rare machine.

Asking $2500 for everything pictured. The only parts needed are the motor, back bracket, tone-arm, reproducer and small pieces. Maybe $700ish. That makes this about a $3200 project plus your time when finished which is a great price in my opinion.

I can bring this to Stanton's next month. Message with any questions or to purchase.

Mike
Attachments
L1.jpg
L2.jpg
L3.jpg
L4.jpg
L5.jpg
L6.jpg
L7.jpg
L8.jpg
L9.jpg
L10.jpg
L11.jpg
L12.jpg
L13.jpg
L14.jpg
L15.jpg
L16.jpg
L17.jpg
L18.jpg
L19.jpg
Last edited by PHONOMIKE on Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

studebakerphonos
Victor II
Personal Text: Skilled Craftsman produce radio cabinets at RCA Victor in Camden, N.J.

Re: FOR SALE: CIRCASSIAN L-DOOR VICTROLA (PROJECT) - $2500

Post by studebakerphonos »

Hi Mike,

I have a tone arm and the metal horn piece if you or the new buyer are interested.

Just PM me, but I may not respond immediately.

Thanks, Bob

PHONOMIKE
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: CIRCASSIAN L-DOOR VICTROLA (PROJECT) - $2500

Post by PHONOMIKE »

I have sourced out and found some more parts to this machine to help with its completion. I am adding the metal horn part, correct early bracket, nice gold tone-arm, and most importantly the correct motor for this machine. Screw holes match the ones on the motor board. The motor winds. When you spin the governor, the assembly all turns but the motor will not unwind on its own so I think a spring may be the problem. The only pieces left to complete this machine are a reproducer, brake, speed control and crank.

You only need a couple hundred dollars in parts and your time and this could be an amazing machine at a great price. If I can find bolts or other hardware for this machine when I go thru my parts boxes, I will throw them in as well.

No increase in price but now extra parts and the same offer to bring it to Stanton's.

Let me know if you have questions or need more info.

Thanks.

Mike
Attachments
L20.jpg
L21.jpg
L22.jpg