FOUND: orthophonic reproducer vv4-3

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Shawnmex
Victor Jr

FOUND: orthophonic reproducer vv4-3

Post by Shawnmex »

Hello all. I am looking for an orthophonic reproducer for a Victor vv4-3. If anyone has a suitable part please let me know. Or if anyone can direct me a place I might be able to find one. Of course I'd like an original part. But price wise that seems unreasonable. So a reproduction or just one that would work could also be an option. Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Shawnmex on Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigC
Victor I

Re: WANTED: orthophonic reproducer vv4-3

Post by BigC »

When it comes to orthophonic reproducers I always get them from Wyatt Markus. He will always sell you a reproducer that is in perfect shape guaranteed. If I find one on ebay I will have him rebuild it just to make sure. I have bought at least 8 reproducers from him and he has rebuilt 4 HMV 5b for me.

gramophone-georg
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Yup! This reprobate :D :
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=221
aka "MicaMonster" on here.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Also, Orthophonic reproducers are fully interchangeable. The table top 1-90, the massive 8-30/Credenza, and every other Orthophonic model in between all use the same reproducer.

The Orthophonic portables use a different design, but you can still use them on the regular Orthophonic machines.

BigC
Victor I

Post by BigC »

Yes, don't limit yourself to the Orthophonic reproducer there are HMV 5a and 5b that would also work just as well. The portable phonographs with Orthophonic reproducers have a dust cap with a cloth to protect them from the elements and those come up on ebay all the time. A member sold me a Victor Orthophonic from a portable phonograph, I replaced back flange with a Victor 2 flange and use it on my VV-IX plays incredibly good.