Victor Front mount 42" Horn

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
ColoradoPhonograf
Victor II

Victor Front mount 42" Horn

Post by ColoradoPhonograf »

I have a Victor black and brass 42" (actually 40 ½" but with the brass elbow it would measure the full 42") front mount horn for sale. It is a factory horn with the threaded end, decal and support ring eyelet. It is all original with very good paint and decal. The brass has been left unpolished and measures 20 ½" in diameter.

In Bob Baumbach's book "Look for the Dog", he has a page describing these horns and says the Victor company advertised them as for use "on the Concert Stage". Because of the oversized nature, a floor crane or table crane was needed to support the added weight. This horn has the eyelet to connect a ring to attach to a crane.

It has a few minor dings and dents but overall is a very good collector quality horn. The price is $450 and I can have it delivered for free to the Union show in Illinois next month. Please send me a PM if you are interested. In 20 years of collecting and going to show and seeing many private collections I only know of one other collector who has one of these. I'm downsizing my collection due to home renovations and need the space. Thank you,

ColoradoPhonograf