FS: Aeolian Vocalion Sheraton Art Case model, Columbia L-2

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
pathe16mm
Victor Jr

FS: Aeolian Vocalion Sheraton Art Case model, Columbia L-2

Post by pathe16mm »

I'm thinning out my collection to just a few items and thought I would post a couple things there that might be of interest. You can find pictures of the items listed here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57532378@N08/sets/, as well as some other items I'm selling. Prices are approximately what I paid, but are negotiable. I would prefer the items to be picked up, but an willing to meet you half way, or deliver within 500-600 miles of Richmond, VA for the cost of gas.

Thanks,

J. Pierce

1. late 1910s Aeolian Vocalion Sheraton art case model with Graduola - this is a restoration project with the main cabinet and a lot of parts to make a whole. There is a complete motor and two tone arms with soundboxes. The original legs are missing, but the seller I bought this from had a set of new legs that could be made to work that are similar in style to the originals. The original finish was mahogany with a shellac finish. Someone did a decorative paint job on the outside and under the lid. Would assume the shellac finish is still underneath the paint. This would be quite a project, but I’ve never seen another one of these on ebay or elsewhere. $300

2. 1919 Columbia L-2 - One of the top of the line models from that year - a Sheraton style cabinet with inlay and gilt hardware. The cabinet has some wear and the finish is checked, but a skilled restorer could bring this back quite nicely. This is almost complete, only missing the knob to open the horn louveres and the crank escutcheon, which should be easily obtained from any of the parts dealers online. $125
Last edited by pathe16mm on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Re: Aeolian Vocalion Art Case model, Columbia L-2, and others

Post by alang »

Sent you a PM.
Andreas