New Collector Needs Victor MS Front Mount Help

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
VictorFun
Victor Jr

New Collector Needs Victor MS Front Mount Help

Post by VictorFun »

I am NEW to the hobby, but hooked. I have a Victor MS Front Mount that I need some help with - please. (1) the turntable on it is 12 inches it it coves up the speed control knob. I am guessing this machine came with a 10 inch table?
If so, I would like to replace my 12" with one - any thoughts, suggestions as to where I can get one, and how interchangable were these turnbalbes.
(2) there is a litte round disc and know the shaft that come up thugh the middle of the turn table on some I have seen pics of on the web. Was this standard issue when the machine was new, and if so, any suggestions of who might sell this part? I can send pics if needed.
MANY THANK for youir help, Dennis

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: New Collector Needs Victor MS Front Mount Help

Post by Jerry B. »

You need a 10" cast iron turntable. I believe one from a Vic M or MS would work fine. The spindle from a Vic II, III, or IV is slightly larger than the earlier M or MS. I don't know if reproduction turntables are available but the record hold down that screw on the spindle is available from Ron Sitko or Whatt's Musical Americana. Jerry Blais

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

There is one that I just saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Victor-Front-Mount- ... 415b8a725e
Andreas

VictorFun
Victor Jr

Post by VictorFun »

alang wrote:There is one that I just saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Victor-Front-Mount- ... 415b8a725e
Andreas
Thanks Andreas (and Jerry) for responding. I think I will re-post a new request now that I know a bit more how to and what I need. All the best, Dennis