REDUCED - Edison C-200 Available $200

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
OrthoSean
Victor V

REDUCED - Edison C-200 Available $200

Post by OrthoSean »

Hey kids,

A major purchase has made me realize I have a bunch of projects around here I'm just never going to get to, so stay tuned, I plan on putting some more stuff up here as time permits. First is an Edison C-200, it's an early one with the brown bedplate in really nice shape. The serial number is in the 6000 range. The motor runs nicely and super quiet. That's the good news. The bad news is someone stripped the original finish off. The good news is they didn't seem to touch the original color, so all it really needs is a decal and some shellac, I was going to do this, but I'll never do it with other things awaiting my attention. The gold plating is nice and clean as well and the reproducer has a good diamond. I may have replaced the gaskets a few years ago, but I can't remember! There are a couple of small pieces of the applied molded trim that have come off, but I have them. There's also a dolphin Edison key, that unfortunately has no end, so it doesn't turn the lock. Also, the lock escutcheon is missing. I think that covers everything. This has the potential to be a real beauty, it's solid and plays nicely.

I'd like to get $200 for this machine and I'll bring it to Wayne next Sunday for free, or you can pick it up at my house just outside of Albany, NY. I'll hold it for a reasonable amount of time for nothing, but I really need the room!

Feel free to contact me if you're interested and we can talk.

At this point, if this doesn't sell, I'm going to put the machine into storage.

Sean
Attachments
IMG_0846.JPG
IMG_0847.JPG
IMG_0848.JPG
IMG_0849.JPG
IMG_0850.JPG
Last edited by OrthoSean on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: Edison C-200 Available - Pickup or Delivered To Wayne

Post by OrthoSean »

Grr. Sorry about the sideways pictures! I'll see if I can fix that....

Sean

OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: REDUCED - Edison C-200 Available $200

Post by OrthoSean »

Bump - please note reduced price!

Sean

OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: REDUCED - Edison C-200 Available $200

Post by OrthoSean »

Bump.

Again, if anyone is interested in this with free delivery to the upcoming Wayne show, please let me know!

Thanks again!

Sean