Wanted - old bakelite plug for electrola

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
richardh

Wanted - old bakelite plug for electrola

Post by richardh »

I am looking for a socket to plug in the mains cable into the back of my electrola. The first picture show what it needs to connect onto - ie a 2 pin connector. The second picture is what I think the thing I am looking for should look like. Anyone able to help out?

RJ 8-)
Attachments
003.JPG
001.JPG

MicaMonster
Victor III
Personal Text: Never Settled

Re: Wanted - old bakelite plug for electrola

Post by MicaMonster »

Sundial Wire makes vintage wire and bakelite plugs, exactly what you seek!

www.sundialwire.com

-Wyatt
-Antique Phonograph Reproducer Restorer-
http://www.EdisonDiamondDisc.com
Taming Orthophonics Daily!

richardh

Post by richardh »

Excellent, thank you Wyatt. I had seen their great wire but had totally missed that they did the electrical plugs - but I have just checked the site and whilst they do standard "male" type electrical plugs I am looking for a "female" type which will connect to the two prongs sticking out of the back of my machine.

Does anyone have one of these?

RJ 8-)

Post by Guest »

[quote="richardh"]Excellent, thank you Wyatt. I had seen their great wire but had totally missed that they did the electrical plugs - but I have just checked the site and whilst they do standard "male" type electrical plugs I am looking for a "female" type which will connect to the two prongs sticking out of the back of my machine.

Does anyone have one of these?

RJ 8-)[/quote]

Did you ever find your connector? Your first picture is a male bladed 120v 15A USA plug connector.

The second picture is a 3 pin grounded socket connector (female), I can see a green ground wire on the connector. Using this type of connector will still mate but not connect the ground wire through to the machine.

In the USA it would not be difficult to locate this socket connector at a hardware store.

Best Regards,