Victrola X Table Top Early Version Ser 3136-SOLD

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Ripduf1
Victor III
Personal Text: HORNS ROLLED & STRAIGHTENED

Victrola X Table Top Early Version Ser 3136-SOLD

Post by Ripduf1 »

I thought I would try to sell this to the "Club" before Ebay.

Here is a hard to find VV-X tabletop version. Based on the serial number it is likely from early 1911. It is clean and in excellent working condition. The springs wind up nicely and the motor runs quiet. It comes with an Exhibition reproducer and optional clip on, dust brush which was found with the machine. It has a dealer tag from Sedgwick & Casey of Hartford, Conn. The bullet style brake is the type found on the outside horn victors indicating the earliest version of the Victrola X. Small veneer repair above the lock escutcheon (see Pic). That is the only criticism. It has the original wood finish in excellent condition. All I did was clean and wax the wood. All metal parts I leave alone for the next owner. No major flaws at all, only minor marks. Original bottom with sticker shows Serial #3136 which matches the Victor tag. Victor Key and Lid lock included and working well. A slightly later tabletop X just sold on Ebay for $480. This one is earlier and only $400 plus shipping or can hold for April Wayne NJ show. Send PM or email to ripduf1@sbcglobal.net 860-966-2827. More pictures available.
Attachments
DSC05458.JPG
Last edited by Ripduf1 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horns rolled and straightened

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Re: Victrola X Table Top Early Version Ser 3136

Post by briankeith »

Can you post some interior photos also, etc?