Victor Schoolhouse, Open Bottom X, Pathé Actuelle Etc F/S

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Victor Schoolhouse, Open Bottom X, Pathé Actuelle Etc F/S

Post by brianu »

I've got several machines listed on ebay right now... these, among about 20 others, are some of my best and were bought over time to keep rather than resell, but I'm looking to relocate in the coming year, so must unload some things, especially larger ones. my ebay name is the same as here, and the machines include...

a victor schoolhouse, VV-XXV;

an oak Pathé actuelle;

an open bottom, spider leg VV-X in oak;

a 2/4 minute edison standard with horn and crane;

an edison B-80 with matching record cabinet;

and a victor VV-VIII with matching record cabinet.

if purchased directly from me rather than through ebay, I can definitely come down on most of the prices.

Henry
Victor V

Re: Victor Schoolhouse, Open Bottom X, Pathé Actuelle Etc F/S

Post by Henry »

Hey Brian, is your XXV the identical one pictured here?: http://www.victor-victrola.com/XXV.htm
Compare http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-and-Except ... 610wt_1398

It seems to have the same mark on the front left surface of the shelf as yours. Remarkable coincidence! ;)

That's a nice one. I've only ever seen one other of these, in the Berks County Historical Society in Reading.
Too bad I'm not within driving distance of Philadelphia, or I'd be right down there! :)

brianu
Victor V

Post by brianu »

hmmm... I don't think it's the same machine, but who knows. I bought it in 2005 from an eastern PA collector who was retiring and moving to florida - my understanding was that he had owned it, and various other machines he had at his house, for several years.

and allentown isn't all that far - I could possibly meet you part way if you're interested. I'll also be at the wayne NJ show if you're going... thanks for writing though... I'll take a closer look at the markings you mentioned, because now you've got me curious.

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

On second look (always a good move, Henry; follow my own advice!), the grain pattern in the oak front is completely different in yours compared to the victor-victrola one. But yet there is that mark in the identical places on the shelf in both. Doesn't the horn store on that shelf? Perhaps it's a contact/wear mark?

I *know* I'm within driving distance of you---too close, in fact. I was trying to convince myself that I don't need a XXV. Now if I had a bigger house, and a few big one$ to drop, and didn't need a new flatbed scanner, and have taxes coming up, etc., etc. OK, I'm convinced! :D

tomwil
Victor I

Post by tomwil »

Henry wrote:Hey Brian, is your XXV the identical one pictured here?: http://www.victor-victrola.com/XXV.htm
When I click on the link, I get the following error. I hope that website stays up!
Attachments
VictorVictrola.JPG

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

It's back; just tried it (2/1/12, 11:05 a.m. EST).

brianu
Victor V

Post by brianu »

the open bottom VV-X and the VV-VIII set-up are sold, and the B-80 appears to be as well.

but the rest - victor schoolhouse, Pathé actuelle and edison standard - are still for sale if anyone's interested. I'll also be selling a nice early two-door credenza.