edison volume control on ebay

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: edison volume control on ebay

Post by OrthoSean »

Valecnik wrote:
OrthoSean wrote:
Valecnik wrote:I don't think that's overpriced, if I wanted one, but I'm more of a "volume guy" anyway.

Still a very interesting piece. They must have though raised havoc on the records and to some extent the stylus when you close that sound tube off so close to the origination of the sound and all that vibration has nowhere to go...
I always thought the same thing about the records. I have one of these that came in a box of parts someone gave me a few years ago and while it's neat to have, I never use it unless someone wants to see (hear?) how it works. I prefer my Triumph as loud as it can be!

Sean
I always thought that the first chairs with wheels, aka office chairs, were a sort of volume control. Just sit right in front of the machine and push yourself back in the very unlikely event you thought it was too loud. To me it's not the reduced volume that's the concern as much as the deterioration of sound quality when you put a barrier like that between the music and your ears. I removed the volume control from my C19, (unscrewed the muffball)and dropped it into the back of the machine years ago.
That's funny, I've removed the mute ball from both my DD machines as well. Fill the house with the sounds of Edison, I say!

Sean

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

ha. I don't think anyone here can possibly believe you've limited yourself to just two.

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

brianu wrote:ha. I don't think anyone here can possibly believe you've limited yourself to just two.
I know, but I've kept the two favorites, my very late C-19 and the W-250. No need for any others. I still have an A-200 for sale though....

Sean

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

Maybe they were used at night when the kids were sleeping!
Valecnik wrote:
OrthoSean wrote:
Valecnik wrote:I don't think that's overpriced, if I wanted one, but I'm more of a "volume guy" anyway.

Still a very interesting piece. They must have though raised havoc on the records and to some extent the stylus when you close that sound tube off so close to the origination of the sound and all that vibration has nowhere to go...
I always thought the same thing about the records. I have one of these that came in a box of parts someone gave me a few years ago and while it's neat to have, I never use it unless someone wants to see (hear?) how it works. I prefer my Triumph as loud as it can be!

Sean
I always thought that the first chairs with wheels, aka office chairs, were a sort of volume control. Just sit right in front of the machine and push yourself back in the very unlikely event you thought it was too loud. To me it's not the reduced volume that's the concern as much as the deterioration of sound quality when you put a barrier like that between the music and your ears. I removed the volume control from my C19, (unscrewed the muffball)and dropped it into the back of the machine years ago.

hexaphone
Victor II

Post by hexaphone »

I have one of these volume controls and I'll sell it in a heart beat for $100 plus shipping.

Anyone want to save 20%, just email me - hexaphone@sbcglobal.net

hexaphone
Victor II

Post by hexaphone »

I have a volume control just like this one. I'll sell it in a heart beat for 20% less or $100 plus shipping. Just email Ron at hexaphone@sbcglobal.net

EdisonPhonographGuy
Victor O
Personal Text: Edison Phonographs

Post by EdisonPhonographGuy »

Put it on ebay for $120 and it should sell. Mine sold within 24 hours
revive all kinds of edison cylinder phonographs and roller organs