cecilian melophonic (need info and parts)

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
jessyfowler8

cecilian melophonic (need info and parts)

Post by jessyfowler8 »

i am wanting to find out more about my cecilian melophonic. ive been told it was sold by Montgomery Ward and the Melophonic was their knock-off of the Orthophonic name that Victor used and it would be from that same era (1925-1929.) it has all parts and works kinda... the needle scratches the records when you try and play it then the weight of it on the record actually stops the record from moving. i am looking for a sound box, a tune arm, and some needles. its hard to find something when you dont really know what your looking for. this piece has a crank arm, internal horn, speed contol, and a few other things that i dont know what their called. this piece is 4 door, free standing, lid opens on the right side. the two doors in the middle are for sound and the doors on each side are to hold records. thats about all i know about this piece. any help would be greatly appreciated and id love to buy the original parts for the phonograph that i need if at all possible. also does anyone know of a price i'd sell for if fully fixed? the wood has original finnish and looks like a brand new piece of furniture. thanks for reading!!!