Edison Model D Reproducer

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Larry Hawes
Victor O

Edison Model D Reproducer

Post by Larry Hawes »

Am trying to complete a conversion of my Edison Concert to small cylinders. Does anyone out there have a Model D reproducer for sale or trade. I have cash or some very interesting trade items. Please contact me off line at RROCRREC@aol.com Thanks, Larry

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: Edison Model D Reproducer

Post by JerryVan »

Isn't the model D for the large 5" cylinders? You want to convert to play the "regular" size cylinders so wouldn't you just need a C with the "flatter" carriage? Or maybe a B?

Larry Hawes
Victor O

Post by Larry Hawes »

Thanks for your mail. I am working on an article for CAPS (Canadian) that would photo display the Concert changes in reproducers from the original issue Automatic to the final 4 minute conversion. The Model D is the second step and perhaps not to be had but thought I would at least put out the request. Regards, Larry

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

Hi Larry,

Do you need some pictures of a model D for your article? I could help you there, as I have 2 (not for sale though, sorry!) I wrote an article about "Attachments for Concert Phonographs" in Copeland and Dethlefson's book on Concert Phonographs and records back in 2004. I thought my Concert machine conversion kit with a J reproducer was late, and then my friend Jason came up with a Concert conversion kit for use with an O reproducer! I love these machines and their conversion kits and would love to see your article as well.

Mike Sorter

Larry Hawes
Victor O

Post by Larry Hawes »

Thanks Mike.
Actually the Concert had several options for additional reproducers one was the O you mentioned plus there was a package you could purchase to support the playing of Blue Amberol and came with Diamond B, the carrier arm (much like the O) and 10 blue amberol records. The written material suggests "10 Special Blue Amberol Records" but using a Diamond B reproducer they would have only been "Special" for one play!
I have some other discussion points if you would not mind contacting me at my email rrocrrec@aol.com
Thanks, Larry

Larry Hawes
Victor O

Post by Larry Hawes »

Opps, meant to add, Assuming the Special Amberols were 4 minute wax.... L :)