Victor front mount horn & elbow For Sale

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Victor front mount horn & elbow For Sale

Post by Curt A »

I have a very nice original front mount Victor horn with a repro elbow. I bought it from a collector several years ago to use on a project machine, that never materialized. The guy I got it from in New York had the bell re-rolled at a musical instrument place and spent $150 doing it. I bought it for $250, since the metal was in good shape and the brass is perfect. I would like to get what I paid, but am open to a reasonable offer.

This would make a great upgrade on a machine that has a not so great horn or is missing one altogether. It appears to be about the size of a Victor P horn or somewhat similar front mount machine... I can provide pics if you are interested. I thought I would offer it here before considering putting it out on eBay, although a nearly identical one sold within the past several weeks on eBay for $450.

eMail me at: vinyl(dot)visions(at)live(dot)com
Curt
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Victor front mount horn & elbow For Sale

Post by Jerry B. »

Does the horn take a leather elbow or a threaded brass elbow?

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: Victor front mount horn & elbow For Sale

Post by Curt A »

The horn has a threaded end and takes a threaded brass elbow, which is included. If you would like pics, I will try to get them up.
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife