Post by brianu »

Make: Edison
Model: Triumph Model A
Serial #
Year(s) Made: 1901-1906
Original Cost: unsure
Case/Cabinet Size:
Turntable/Mandrel: standard
Reproducer/Sound-Box: H and C (has the 2/4 minute gearing installed)
Motor: Triton, 3-spring
Horn Dimensions: approx. 31-inch brass bell horn with original floral painted decoration
Reproduction Parts: none
Current Value: more than $5
Interesting Facts: will play for quite a while on a full wind, but you probably know that

Favorite Characteristics: the finish on the machine and cabinet really match quite well - combined with the horn, this set-up really draws attention to itself when you enter the room.
Attachments
edison 004.jpg
edison 008.jpg
edison 003.jpg
edison 006.jpg
edison 005.jpg
edison 009.jpg
edison 007.jpg

Edisonfan
Victor V
Personal Text: Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

Re: Featured Phonograph № 26

Post by Edisonfan »

Very nice machine brianu. I'm glad to see another external horn Edison Cylinder machine. Besides mine. ;)

Paul

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

Someone hasn't dusted there machine off in quite some time. ;) Very nice machine and cabinet though! is the machine all original or has it been restored?

Aaron

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Brianu, a very nice example. I notice she's flanked by a nice Sheraton diamond disc with Edisonic reproducer and an Amberola 75 so you are well equipped to enjoy most of what Edison had to offer musically.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

Valecnik wrote:Brianu, a very nice example. I notice she's flanked by a nice Sheraton diamond disc with Edisonic reproducer and an Amberola 75 so you are well equipped to enjoy most of what Edison had to offer musically.
thanks - I held out for the nicest one I could find.

and actually, that's a c-150 on the left... no longer mine. nor is the amberola, which for the past several months has taken up residence with another member of this forum (I think he's posted some youtube videos of it). both were great machines, but of the three, only the triumph will be moving with me.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

Aaron wrote:Someone hasn't dusted there machine off in quite some time. ;) Very nice machine and cabinet though! is the machine all original or has it been restored?

Aaron
true, true. and I know, I hate seeing that in people's photos as well... truth be told, I was snapping some shots of a couple of other things for ebay and figured while I had the camera out, I'd just get the rest as well. and actually as I remember, the dust didn't seem nearly as visible until I saw the shots on my computer.
Edisonfan wrote:Very nice machine brianu. I'm glad to see another external horn Edison Cylinder machine. Besides mine. ;)

Paul
thanks. I should post photos at some point of my only other cylinder player, a 2/4 minute standard - that's the one that I tend to use more often... and it has a great searchlight horn on it that I just recently finished sanding and repainting (the thing went from paintless and corroded to looking close to new).