THE Most Rare Phonograph Record Ever Produced!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
SonnyPhono
Victor III
Personal Text: Drawing a blank...

THE Most Rare Phonograph Record Ever Produced!

Post by SonnyPhono »

So it seems that a recent topic of discussion is that of records, particularly the absurdly priced records listed on Ebay, as well as some very nice 7" specimens in some of the fellow member's collections. Because of this, I have decided to share with everyone my most prized phonograph possession that I am certain even the most accomplished collector does not have in his possession. Apparently the Victor Co. attempted to mix the formats of the cylinder record and disc record to create the best of both worlds which obviously failed miserably as you may have guessed. Only one record was produced as a protocol and I have in my possession the only surviving record from this failure. If you keep an eye on Ebay, you just may have a chance to own it as I will be posting it with a starting bid of $143,904! Without further ado, I present to you Victor's one of a kind failure of an attempt to create a "cylindisc"! ;) :D

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: THE Most Rare Phonograph Record Ever Produced!

Post by Jerry B. »

I've got some money coming from a Crown Prince of a royal family in Africa. I am assisting him with a huge money transfer and my net proceeds from the transaction will move than cover the cost of your cylinder. Please consider your record sold! Thanks, DB Cooper

SonnyPhono
Victor III

Post by SonnyPhono »

Hold the phone! Maybe this is the same prince that I am working with!! What a coincidence! :lol:

Brad
Victor III
Personal Text: So many phonographs, so little money

Post by Brad »

Sonny,

I think what you have there is the first picture cylinder!
Why do we need signatures when we are on a first avatar basis?

bbphonoguy
Victor III

Post by bbphonoguy »

I have a friend, who has a friend who was out driving in the countryside, and he found the prototype machine that Victor had produced to play this record!!!! It was in an old barn and apparently the farmer didn't know what he had (he thought it was a cream separator when he bought it and could never get it to work), and he sold it for just $25.00!!!!!!!!

Viva-Tonal
Victor II

Post by Viva-Tonal »

Unless that copy was broken or otherwise unplayable, that's a bad waste of a good record.

SonnyPhono
Victor III

Post by SonnyPhono »

Yes, I can assure you that I only made this because the record was warped beyond playability and had scratches and cracks to go with it. I wouldn't ruin a good record just for the sake of posting it as a joke. No worries! :D

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

SonnyPhono,

I love it-That's a riot! I just hope you don't give the E-Bayers any ideas! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!