78's - bulk discount

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
ishkabibble
Victor Jr

78's - bulk discount

Post by ishkabibble »

OK, so I don't know how common it is to sell this way, but the ads are kind of funny. From craigslist

2500 78 rpm records, jazz,blues, rock,gospel,bluegrass,etc.all of them in all types of condition, mint,pristine,average,good,fair.many of them are sleeved.popular singers too.2500 records in 25 milk crates.all for final pickup.no cherry picking the records, you must take all of them.and you must come with a vehicle that will take all of them too, a midsize car and up will do it, a corvette is not going to do it.

buy them now,before they are all gone. i have sold already over 200,000 records to over 145 folks,in the last couple of months. do you want a piece of the pie too.

call me on my cell phone , larry and don't email me telling me that you are going to send your mover with a check

and another:

1002 78 RPM RECORDS, FOR ONLY $200 OR OFFER. WHERE IN THE WORLD CAN YOU GET THEM THAT CHEAP. DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH 1002 RECORDS,
1.YOU CAN GO INTO THE CRAFT BUSINESS AND MAKE FLOWER POTS OUT OF THEM AND SELL THEM AT THE FLEA MARKET ,
2.YOU CAN CUT THE CENTERS OUT AND MAKE COASTERS AND SELL THEM TO THE TAVERNS
3.YOU CAN USE THEM AT THE SHOT GUN RANGE ,YOU THROW THEM UP AND BLAST THE CRAP OUT OF THEM
4.YOU CAN USE THEM AS BIO FUEL, SINCE THEY ARE MADE OF SHELLAC, YOU CAN MELT THEM AND GET THE OIL BY PRODUCT OUT OF THEM AND USE THEM FOR GAS
5.YOU CAN GIVE THEM AWAY AT CHRISTMAS TIME AND TELL FOLKS TO USE THEM FOR CENTERPIECES
6.OR YOU CAN PLAY THEM ON A RECORD PLAYER AND LISTEN TO THE GREAT MUSIC

LARRY

No offense intended in case Larry is a member here; just wanted to share the ads.

JohnM
Victor V

Re: 78's - bulk discount

Post by JohnM »

Someone should tell this Larry that shellac is beetle poop, not a petroleum byproduct.
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan