Edisonic and Long Playing Consoles Survey

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Edisonic and Long Playing Consoles Survey

Post by phonogfp »

1) What is the model? Schubert(CLT)

2) What is the serial number on the dataplate? "5451"

3) Is there a speed control knob present in the left hand corner of the motor-plate? "NO"

4) What finish is present on the hardware and reproducer? "Gun-metal"

5) Which reproducer(s) are present? "Edisonic"

6) Does your Phonograph (Schubert/Beethoven owners) have the Long and Short gearing present? "NO"

7) Does your Phonograph have the "10 and 12 inch" buttons present? "NO"

8) Are there any other special attachments present: Such as; tone arm adapters, other soundboxes or reproducers, single or double reproducer holder, needle cups, or any other interesting additional features? "NO"

9) Are there any original documents or dealer identification with, or fastened to, your Phonograph? "NO"

10) What is the Cabinet Factory No. (if a sticker is present inside the horn compartment)? "Cabinet Factory No.18, Form 2480"

George P.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Thank you, George!

I'll add your data to the spreadsheet.

Happy Holidays!
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

Kirkwood
Victor II

Post by Kirkwood »

Greetings of the Season, Fran! My apologies for the delay in responding. Here's the survey info on this one:

2) What is the serial number on the dataplate? 1958

3) Is there a speed control knob present in the left hand corner of the motor-plate? NO

5) Which reproducer(s) are present? "Edisonic" only, no other devices

6) Does your Phonograph (Schubert/Beethoven owners) have the Long and Short gearing present? NO

7) Does your Phonograph have the "10 and 12 inch" buttons present? NO

8) Are there any other special attachments present: Such as; tone arm adapters, other soundboxes or reproducers, single or double reproducer holder, needle cups, or any other interesting additional features? NONE

9) Are there any original documents or dealer identification with, or fastened to, your Phonograph? NO

10) What is the Cabinet Factory No. (if a sticker is present inside the horn compartment)? "Cabinet Factory No.18" Form 2480 on the sticker.

If you need any other info, just let me know.

All the best--------Kirk

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

I would be surprised if there are any "yeses" to question no. 7, as the 10"/12" buttons can't reach the top of the low Edisonic horns.

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

marcapra wrote:I would be surprised if there are any "yeses" to question no. 7, as the 10"/12" buttons can't reach the top of the low Edisonic horns.
Marc, the study includes the 4 Long Playing Consoles, which presumably would have included this feature. Hence question No. 7.

Fran
Last edited by fran604g on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

Kirkwood wrote:Greetings of the Season, Fran! My apologies for the delay in responding. Here's the survey info on this one:

2) What is the serial number on the dataplate? 1958

3) Is there a speed control knob present in the left hand corner of the motor-plate? NO

5) Which reproducer(s) are present? "Edisonic" only, no other devices

6) Does your Phonograph (Schubert/Beethoven owners) have the Long and Short gearing present? NO

8) Are there any other special attachments present: Such as; tone arm adapters, other soundboxes or reproducers, single or double reproducer holder, needle cups, or any other interesting additional features? NONE

9) Are there any original documents or dealer identification with, or fastened to, your Phonograph? NO

10) What is the Cabinet Factory No. (if a sticker is present inside the horn compartment)? "Cabinet Factory No.18" Form 2480 on the sticker.

If you need any other info, just let me know.

All the best--------Kirk
Thank you, Kirk! I'll add your information to my database.

Happy Holidays,
Fran

pughphonos
Victor III
Personal Text: Ms. Pugh

Post by pughphonos »

Hi Fran,

Thank you most sincerely for your contributions to my "Inventory." It's now time for me to contribute to your Survey.

I have two Schuberts; so I'll do the questionnaire twice here:

1) What is the model? Schubert(CLT). Purchased in October 2013 from Ron Haring of Plano, IL, a dealer who had just brought it back from a collecting trip down South.

2) What is the serial number on the dataplate? 3621

3) Is there a speed control knob present in the left hand corner of the motor-plate? YES (added by me). When I bought this machine, it originally did not have the speed control. I left the original motor-plate with Ron Haring (see above) and substituted the motor-plate from a Chippendale I had owned (serial number 33500--reported that on your Chippendale survey, I believe) as I wanted to retain the speed control function. This is a philosophic issue. Some would see it as destroying an original configuration--which is true to some extent. But my position is public and unashamed: the Edison disc motor-plates were the same size for the entire 1912-1929 period and switching no doubt occurred "back in the day"--so I just consider my alteration to be a latter-day "upgrade."

4) What finish is present on the hardware and reproducer? Gun-metal (added by me); hardware bought from Ron Haring so that they would be the appropriate finish for the Schubert as the hardware on the Chippendale motor-plate had of course been gold.

5) Which reproducer(s) are present? Regular (came with); LP (added by me)--E-bay purchase.

6) Does your Phonograph (Schubert/Beethoven owners) have the Long and Short gearing present? YES (added by me); I bought the gearing in March 2013 from George Vollema of Michigan, who removed it from an LP machine in his possession (model 3-C, serial number 1192); my Schubert number 3621 did not have it before then.

8) Are there any other special attachments present: Such as; tone arm adapters, other soundboxes or reproducers, single or double reproducer holder, needle cups, or any other interesting additional features? Please list each with any observed manufacturer identification, if possible.

Double reproducer holder (added by me); this also was purchased from George Vollema in March 2013; he had also removed it from LP model 3-C, serial number 1192.

9) Are there any original documents or dealer identification with, or fastened to, your Phonograph? Please describe in detail with location if affixed to Phonograph. None

10) What is the Cabinet Factory No. (if a sticker is present inside the horn compartment)?
No. 18

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1) What is the model? Schubert(CLT) Purchased in May 2015 from Gene Emering ("Gemering") of this forum.

2) What is the serial number on the dataplate? 1556

4) What finish is present on the hardware and reproducer? Gun-metal

5) Which reproducer(s) are present? Edisonic

8) Are there any other special attachments present: Such as; tone arm adapters, other soundboxes or reproducers, single or double reproducer holder, needle cups, or any other interesting additional features? Please list each with any observed manufacturer identification, if possible. NONE

9) Are there any original documents or dealer identification with, or fastened to, your Phonograph? Please describe in detail with location if affixed to Phonograph. NO

10) What is the Cabinet Factory No. (if a sticker is present inside the horn compartment)?
No. 18
Last edited by pughphonos on Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"You must serve music, because music is so enormous and can envelop you into such a state of perpetual anxiety and torture--but it is our first and main duty"
-- Maria Callas, 1968 interview.

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

Thank you, Ralph! This is a nice boost to the survey, I'll add your information directly. :)

Best,
Fran

Gatyam
Victor I

Post by Gatyam »

I have a 2-C Long Playing console, as follows:

1) What is the model? Schubert(CLT), Beethoven(BN), Long Playing console: 1-C, 2-C, 3-C, 4-C.--Long Playing console 2-C

2) What is the serial number on the data plate?--2832

3) Is there a speed control knob present in the left hand corner of the motor-plate? "YES/NO"--No

4) What finish is present on the hardware and reproducer? "Gun-metal", "Gold", "Nickel"--Gun-metal

5) Which reproducer(s) are present? "Regular", "Edisonic", "LP", "78 (or lateral) Adapter"--Regular and Long-play

6) Does your Phonograph (Schubert/Beethoven owners) have the Long and Short gearing present? "YES/NO"

7) Does your Phonograph have the "10 and 12 inch" buttons present? "YES/NO"--Yes

8) Are there any other special attachments present: Such as; tone arm adapters, other soundboxes or reproducers, single or double reproducer holder, needle cups, or any other interesting additional features? Please list each with any observed manufacturer identification, if possible.--Double reproducer holder

9) Are there any original documents or dealer identification with, or fastened to, your Phonograph? Please describe in detail with location if affixed to Phonograph.--None

10) What is the Cabinet Factory No. (if a sticker is present inside the horn compartment)? "Cabinet Factory No. 18"

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

Gatyam wrote:I have a 2-C Long Playing console, as follows:

1) What is the model? Schubert(CLT), Beethoven(BN), Long Playing console: 1-C, 2-C, 3-C, 4-C.--Long Playing console 2-C

2) What is the serial number on the data plate?--2832

3) Is there a speed control knob present in the left hand corner of the motor-plate? "YES/NO"--No

4) What finish is present on the hardware and reproducer? "Gun-metal", "Gold", "Nickel"--Gun-metal

5) Which reproducer(s) are present? "Regular", "Edisonic", "LP", "78 (or lateral) Adapter"--Regular and Long-play

6) Does your Phonograph (Schubert/Beethoven owners) have the Long and Short gearing present? "YES/NO"

7) Does your Phonograph have the "10 and 12 inch" buttons present? "YES/NO"--Yes

8) Are there any other special attachments present: Such as; tone arm adapters, other soundboxes or reproducers, single or double reproducer holder, needle cups, or any other interesting additional features? Please list each with any observed manufacturer identification, if possible.--Double reproducer holder

9) Are there any original documents or dealer identification with, or fastened to, your Phonograph? Please describe in detail with location if affixed to Phonograph.--None

10) What is the Cabinet Factory No. (if a sticker is present inside the horn compartment)? "Cabinet Factory No. 18"
Thank you very much for your contribution, I'll add your data to my spreadsheet.

Best,
Fran