when is one full!?

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
tinovanderzwan
Victor II

when is one full!?

Post by tinovanderzwan »

good question hé! well the awnser for some of us is never portables can be collapsed and stuffed in in some dark recess for a later display point little phono's like small Pathé's or such phono can also be put away for another time
in other words there are many ways to create more space, in boxes, under beds, under the kitchen sink?.. who knows..

how creative are you guys in making space for new phono's??
SAM_0233.JPG
once in a wile i put atleast half of the collection in my phono cave.......full..aint it!

tino

FloridaClay
Victor VI

Re: when is one full!?

Post by FloridaClay »

Looks like it would be a fun place to explore Tino.

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

My portables hide under beds and in the bottom of built in wardrobes, where my wife is convinced that they breed...... ;)

tinovanderzwan
Victor II

Post by tinovanderzwan »

epigramophone wrote:My portables hide under beds and in the bottom of built in wardrobes, where my wife is convinced that they breed...... ;)

they do that you know! my linguaphone portables just had a baby..a victor vv 2-30 and my Pathé cabinet brought forth a klingsor tabletop when i wasn't looking!
not to mention the spontaneous miracle appearance of a brunswick 105 last spring!
one day i woke up and saw a phenix phonograph next to my dog's sleeping place she looked at me with a face that said ''it wasn't me!''

maybe its the phono fairy?

tino
SAM_0231.JPG

tinovanderzwan
Victor II

Post by tinovanderzwan »

i just bought 3 1920s radio's
gosh! does the fun ever stop! :lol: :lol:
$_85 (2).JPG
tino

ambrola
Victor IV
Personal Text: Be Careful What You Say, You Can't T ake It Back!

Post by ambrola »

Are all of us HOARDERS? I don't keep many machines because my wife hates for the house to look cluttered. I just try to get the best I can to keep. But I see pictures of some of you guys collections, and you can't walk around them, much less play them? :?

bart1927
Victor II

Post by bart1927 »

I'm certainly not a hoarder. My collection is neatly organized and catalogued. I am so organized it's almost OCD-like. ;)

edisonplayer
Victor IV

Post by edisonplayer »

I remember how Jerry Donnell's house in Harpers Ferry,WV was.Old Jer's house was PACKED big time!!One could easily lose oneself in there!edisonplayer

Gramtastic
Victor III

Post by Gramtastic »

Tino, you still have plenty of room in the picture ! Here's how I get over 100 machines in a small loft room !! (and I can still play almost all of them without too much trouble)
Attachments
100_9475.JPG
100_9478.JPG

Nat
Victor III

Post by Nat »

Depends on why you have 'em. The two in my living room are for acoustics and electrics (a Victor IV with mahogany horn, and Credenza), while at my cabin I have a VVIV and a big Decca, and a VV-50 and VV 2-65 portable for use out on the lawn. In other words, each machine is for a specific purpose as a music-player, not a "collection" as such. Though I admit there are two or three other models in various rooms at home. My collection is records/music/musicians, not machines.