SICK AND TIRED

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Re: SICK AND TIRED

Post by need4art »

Rules is rules-its important that we have them and follow them as well. From someone who does a lot of volunteer work thank you very much for what you do. Over the years I have made some great friends on the forum and if takes a bit of work to follow the rules I'm all for it!
Abe

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Post by Victrolacollector »

Thank you Brandon! I know what it is like to volunteer your time. Without this forum our hobby wouldn't be the same.

There are many great members here that have helped each other with alot of aspects of the hobby.

Again thank you.

Jerry P.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Not to heap on the OP, but in all fairness, threats to "took down" a forum should never be taken lightly. This forum is consistently one of comradery and civility because of the members maintaining a certain level of respect for one another.

If that ever changes, the forum would be lost.

I appreciate your diligence, Brandon, for doing a job that's difficult and frustrating at worst, and probably thankless at best.

Thank you,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

ambrola
Victor IV
Personal Text: Be Careful What You Say, You Can't T ake It Back!

Post by ambrola »

There are 5 listings in the Trader section right now that are not in proper format. In fact, they are in the format I used and got taken down. It does not feel good to be discriminated against? If I am wrong, I am sorry. :(

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Amberola wrote:There are 5 listings in the Trader section right now that are not in proper format. In fact, they are in the format I used and got taken down. It does not feel good to be discriminated against? If I am wrong, I am sorry. :(
Seriously? :roll:

If there are, it's because I missed them. If you would, kindly point them out to me, as you clearly have the luxury of spare time on your side.

ambrola
Victor IV
Personal Text: Be Careful What You Say, You Can't T ake It Back!

Post by ambrola »

HisMastersVoice wrote:
Amberola wrote:There are 5 listings in the Trader section right now that are not in proper format. In fact, they are in the format I used and got taken down. It does not feel good to be discriminated against? If I am wrong, I am sorry. :(
Seriously? :roll:

If there are, it's because I missed them. If you would, kindly point them out to me, as you clearly have the luxury of spare time on your side.
Not my job and I don't taddle. But just looked and there's 3 now? :roll:

Retrograde
Victor III

Post by Retrograde »

Now both of you get off you damn high horses and give it a rest. These are not exactly as required by the "rules".

:roll:

"WANTED Nice Cygnet Horn"
"For Sale Columbia AR 1695.00"
"Wanted: Edison Cygnet Elbow"
"Wanted:Brunswick double Ultona and tonearm."
"For Sale Victor VV-XIV Dark Oak Needs Work Can Take To Union"
"For Sale: Victor VV-XI Oak, Original Nice. Can Take To Union"
"For Sale: Sonora Table Top-original and Scarce"

(no offense to the posters of these ads)

phono-smitten
Victor I

Post by phono-smitten »

It would be nice if the Yankee Trader section had a custom topic creation form with fields to enter specific data such as a dropdown where 'Wanted' or 'For Sale' is chosen, a limited text box for the description, box for price, etc., that would concatenate to create the topic. Not sure if it can be done here but I've had to create similar forms and scripts to force consistency in tasks such as job folder naming or order entry. This helps eliminate a good amount of inevitable human error.

Phonoboy
Victor II

Post by Phonoboy »

That's not a bad idea.
This machine surrounds hate and forces it to surrender-Pete Seeger.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

Maybe with all of the increasing new laws, rules, regulations, politically correct speech regulations and limiting of freedom of speech by our government regulators, people are "sick and tired" of more rules for absolutely no reason especially on topics which are not actually important... just a thought.
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife