Poll function does not work

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Re: Poll function does not work

Post by alang »

I tried again with "anachronist" and got the error again, so must have been imagining things. Changed to "prosilver" and it works, just looks ugly :roll:

Andreas

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

I just changed my preference to "prosilver" and the polling function worked fine. I did switch back to the old style as I like it better.

Rich Gordon

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

I understand folks not liking the prosilver style, but it really is nearly exactly the same except for colors and some placement of things. It is a matter of what we are use to. If it makes the forum work better and/or longer it might be an option to move to. We should at least consider it as an option. Is there someone that maintains the software on the server that is still active on the forum? That might be a good place to pose this question.

Dan

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

Dan,

As I responded earlier, the admin can chime in on this, he knows what is going on. I will leave it up to him to respond. Not trying to be secretive, but he is aware of the problem and solutions.

Sean

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

Thanks. I had not seen that thread before. Let me know if you need anything. I am an experienced PHP developer and would be happy to help if you ever get to the system or need to relocate things.

Dan

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

This will be fixed when I get a chance to upgrade phpBB and modify the theme to work with the current version of the software. If you have any other concerns about the state of the board or features on the TMF not working properly, please contact me directly. We do not need any more “the sky is falling!” threads. The board continues to be backed up and reliably hosted, and is not going anywhere. Keep in mind that it not a paid service, and is provided free of charge at my personal expense for my friend, the founder.

Thank you.
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

MordEth wrote:This will be fixed when I get a chance to upgrade phpBB and modify the theme to work with the current version of the software. If you have any other concerns about the state of the board or features on the TMF not working properly, please contact me directly. We do not need any more “the sky is falling!” threads. The board continues to be backed up and reliably hosted, and is not going anywhere. Keep in mind that it not a paid service, and is provided free of charge at my personal expense for my friend, the founder.

Thank you.
It's nice to know that you're still alive, David. Thanks for responding. Perhaps we wouldn't think "the sky is falling" if the only 2 people that have full access to the site logged in more than once a year, or once every 3 years. Take care.

Odeon
Victor I
Personal Text: Stomp off, let´s go !

Post by Odeon »

Great to read, that one of the admins is still with us and that the TMF will continue! I think the vanished thread about the TMF is just a expression how important this site is to many of us. And HMV is doing a great job here supporting the board!

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

MordEth wrote:This will be fixed when I get a chance to upgrade phpBB and modify the theme to work with the current version of the software. If you have any other concerns about the state of the board or features on the TMF not working properly, please contact me directly. We do not need any more “the sky is falling!” threads. The board continues to be backed up and reliably hosted, and is not going anywhere. Keep in mind that it not a paid service, and is provided free of charge at my personal expense for my friend, the founder.

Thank you.
Thank you, David.

I hope you took the comments in that thread as positive and constructive, and realize just how important this forum is to us all. Speaking for us all, we appreciate your effort to maintain this wonderful community, and I have nothing but great things to say about Brandon, and Andreas; they're doing doing a stand-up (and maybe a little underappreciated) job.

Have you ever considered a "subscriber" section to help offset server costs? I hope I don't get crucified by the membership for the suggestion, but I know it works for other forums.

Best,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.