Bizzare crapophone

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Bizzare crapophone

Post by estott »

Check this Ebay auction out- it's obviously a crapophone but someone ruined a good piece of furniture to make it. I'm not certain, but it appears to have once been a very high quality cocktail cart.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-VICTROLA-IN ... 5886026e5a

Someone is going to ask why I don't post pictures to this- it's because it's tricky for me to save pictures from Ebay, and I do not think it's necessary for every message.

tonystardis
Victor O

Re: Bizzare crapophone

Post by tonystardis »

It would actually be a really cool phono if the horn was internal and the bar lid opened up from front to back instead of left to right. What fun is drinkin with out music anyway, I can hear cocktails for two Spike Jones style playing now.

SonnyPhono
Victor III
Personal Text: Drawing a blank...

Post by SonnyPhono »

I agree! This one almost brings up the question, when is a crapophone not a CRAPophone? I like the horn. It appears painted to replicate a leather horn? It looks to have stitching painted along the seams.

This piece probably had functionality. Cocktails and music. Thanks for sharing!

Energ15
Victor I
Personal Text: "The Denver Nightingale"

Post by Energ15 »

It looks odd but very original. Nothing like having a drink while listening to a 20s record! I bet it will sell because, someone could get some kind of use out of it. Take it to a party or something!

bbphonoguy
Victor III

Post by bbphonoguy »

It seems like crap-o-phones are becoming more and more ambitious. Maybe someday they will be a collectible in their own right? Maybe they'll come to be considered a type of folk art. :lol:

Brad
Victor III
Personal Text: So many phonographs, so little money

Post by Brad »

I think we are looking at the very first portable Karaoke Machine. Bring it to a friends house and crank up a party!
Why do we need signatures when we are on a first avatar basis?

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

Yes I saw this thing last night.. What machine has the crank mounted on top of the cabinet directly under the turntable? Also the horn has no elbow, does it play straight up into the air from that part on the left rear of the turntable area? Plus the lid wouldn't open if the horn were in place according to the photos? The whole thing is a bit odd in concept. The turntable appears large which normally isn't in a portable but the crank and arm would make it seem to be from one.