WANTED: 1900 Edison Standard green oak banner

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Canuk Phonographs
Victor II

Re: WANTED: 1900 Edison Standard green oak banner

Post by Canuk Phonographs »

I have an Edison Standard A, green oak case, 2 & 4 min with shaver attachment and C reproduce. I am only the 2nd owner (got this from my neighbour) and believe that other than the 2/4 minute attachment, it is completely original. If it is of interest to you, please let me know. I can deliver to the Wayne show next month.
Blain
Attachments
DSC06546.jpg

hearsedriver
Victor III

Post by hearsedriver »

Please excuse my ignorance, but, what is a green oak banner? My Standard looks like the one in the picture but it is from 1906. Thanks

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

hearsedriver wrote:Please excuse my ignorance, but, what is a green oak banner? My Standard looks like the one in the picture but it is from 1906. Thanks
It is a oak cabinet with a green stain and a banner style decal . There are probably some collectors that might call it by a different name .

hearsedriver
Victor III

Post by hearsedriver »

Thank you. I dont see the green but, its probably hard to photograph.

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

hearsedriver wrote:Thank you. I dont see the green but, its probably hard to photograph.
If you see it in front of you it is more noticeable and if you look inside the lid it might look really green. It is almost a greenish yellow ,i really like the look.

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

Canuk Phonographs wrote:I have an Edison Standard A, green oak case, 2 & 4 min with shaver attachment and C reproduce. I am only the 2nd owner (got this from my neighbour) and believe that other than the 2/4 minute attachment, it is completely original. If it is of interest to you, please let me know. I can deliver to the Wayne show next month.
Blain
PM sent

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

hearsedriver wrote:Please excuse my ignorance, but, what is a green oak banner? My Standard looks like the one in the picture but it is from 1906. Thanks
A well preserved Model A will have a definitely greenish tint to the case: the dirt and fading of 110+ years will make that far less obvious. Also, a Model A will have a shorter (lower) case than a Model B.

Does your Standard B have an external speed control? In that case, it might be an ICS model...

Bill

Canuk Phonographs
Victor II

Post by Canuk Phonographs »

I probably should have included this picture of the inside of the lid, where you can see the greenish tint. There is much written about this "green fumed finish" and you can explore the Talking Forum for more information about this finish that Edison used.
I took today's picture with a daylight LED lighting and no flash and no editing to the picture.
Attachments
DSC06547.jpg

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

I think Raphael from Miami Musical Treasures has one, Z376.

Rich Gordon

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

rgordon939 wrote:I think Raphael from Miami Musical Treasures has one, Z376.

Rich Gordon
Rich,
Thanks for the heads up but the model i'm looking for is a early transition from square top to green oak banner ,it has a straight end gate , nickel ID tag automatic reproducer ,shaver and i'm really not sure about the motor or any other difference at the moment .
Thanks Eric
Attachments
1901 GREEN OAK EDISON STANDARD (7).JPG