HMV Gramophone Winding Handle Phonograph gramophone Windup h

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: HMV Gramophone Winding Handle Phonograph gramophone Wind

Post by brianu »

---
Last edited by brianu on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I have posted links to ebay. I am not a computer expert and have no desire to be. I have no idea how to lift a picture and post on the Forum. That's why I'll leave it to the experts to add the pictures for posterity, after I make a request to do so. I'll stick to the fun parts of the hobby like restoring machines and playing my records. I guess I'm a non-technological dinosaur and proud of it.
Harvey Kravitz
brianu wrote:
Jerry B. wrote:I'm guilty... I've often started a thread about something I thought was a decent value. I'll write some like "Victrola X Spider Leg Available on Sacramento Craigslist." I'll try to get a lesson. Jerry Blais :oops:
why not just let it go? I left the same note on about four similar threads yesterday that posted a link to ebay but no photos (granted, this one was obviously the least interesting of the bunch)... merely to express the frustration that I know I'm not alone in feeling, regarding all the now useless threads throughout this section of the forum that include only a link, now dead, to something otherwise unique or interesting that could have been preserved for future use, guidance, whatever. I just don't see the difficulty in spending an extra 30 seconds to post a couple photos from the soon-to-be-expired ebay auction, craigslist post or whatever along with the link. but no matter, opinions will always differ.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I strongly suggest that you go to Pat's Steaks, for a cheesesteak, in Philly, get some TastyKakes, and wash it down with a good beer. Then take a stroll in the Italian Market and get a snow cone. That will chill you out, and make you feel better.
Harvey Kravitz
brianu wrote:Cool. You're absolutely right in all regards, both of you, do what you will henceforth, even if it does leave this section of the forum crappier due to sheer laziness. I truly don't give a [crap]. yay.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I'm originally from Philly. I ended up in WA State, because of the Navy. Still visit Family every so often. I do miss those cheesesteaks though. Enjoy the Forum :D :clover: :rose:
Harvey Kravitz

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

Phonofreak wrote:I'm originally from Philly. I ended up in WA State, because of the Navy. Still visit Family every so often. I do miss those cheesesteaks though. Enjoy the Forum :D :clover: :rose:
Harvey Kravitz
Harvey, can you post a photo of the cheesesteak for posterity, please? sounds yummy. No such thing in Europe.

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

brianu wrote:Cool. You're absolutely right in all regards, both of you, do what you will henceforth, even if it does leave this section of the forum crappier due to sheer laziness. I truly don't give a [crap]. yay.
But you obviously do care so why not take it upon yourself to upload pictures on any item you feel needs them and make the forum in your view better , you clearly have time to post lots on here :)

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

You win. None of this is worth the time.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Carlos, Slightly off tpoic, But here is a wikipedia link talking about Philly Cheesesteaks.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheesesteak. You can find a recipe on Google. You might start a trend in Europe.
Bon Apetite,
Harvey Kravitz

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

Phonofreak wrote:Carlos, Slightly off tpoic, But here is a wikipedia link talking about Philly Cheesesteaks.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheesesteak. You can find a recipe on Google. You might start a trend in Europe.
Bon Apetite,
Harvey Kravitz
That's great, Harvey! They sell the Philadelphia cream cheese here, I'll venture on making one this weekend.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

CarlosV wrote:
Phonofreak wrote:Carlos, Slightly off tpoic, But here is a wikipedia link talking about Philly Cheesesteaks.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheesesteak. You can find a recipe on Google. You might start a trend in Europe.
Bon Apetite,
Harvey Kravitz
That's great, Harvey! They sell the Philadelphia cream cheese here, I'll venture on making one this weekend.
Dear lord, please, please, PLEASE don't put cream cheese on a cheesesteak sandwich!! :o :o