DGAG

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
Teak
Victor II

Re: G&T

Post by Teak »

Just received a Message with further information. It seems to be indeed a DGAG. He is adamant, that the Instrument is original. I am a happy camper :D

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

I have one exactly the same, except for the horn which is painted faux wood. Even though its small in size I find it extremely stylish!

Teak
Victor II

Post by Teak »

I would absolutely love some Pictures, if possible? Does it have a name? Year? :D Thanks a lot!

budsta
Victor I

Post by budsta »

Hi
all

Here's a picture of mine for comparison.

cheers
Stephen
Attachments
IMG_1007.JPG

Starkton
Victor IV

Post by Starkton »

Sidewinder wrote:Yours is not G&T but once again Deutsche Grammophon. The case and back bracket are in fantastic original condition. The horn for this model should be painted a dark brown false wood patterning color.
If it is indeed a Deutsche Grammophon model, cleary identifiable by stamped DGAG letters on the underside, the oak case was dark stained originally. A small witches hat brass horn came with it.

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

soundgen wrote:But didn't it have this base then ?
This is a UK Junior Monarch (in a museum in Edinburgh, Scotland)

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

Starkton wrote:
Sidewinder wrote:Yours is not G&T but once again Deutsche Grammophon. The case and back bracket are in fantastic original condition. The horn for this model should be painted a dark brown false wood patterning color.
If it is indeed a Deutsche Grammophon model, cleary identifiable by stamped DGAG letters on the underside, the oak case was dark stained originally. A small witches hat brass horn came with it.
Do you doubt it?
With this machine the wood is not oak - its a softer wood probably trying to pass - with the stain - as something more expensive
small witches hat brass horn - not necessarily on this model.

Do you have a DGAG catalog I would say 1908/9 it should be represented there?

TEAK - can you see if yours has a DGAG stamp with a serial number

Teak
Victor II

Re: DGAG

Post by Teak »

It is not yet here. I am expecting it to arrive at the end of next week. I also bought those :D
Attachments
IMG_2808.jpg
IMG_2795.jpg

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

The HMV should clean up quite well. The brake is screwed on incorrectly backwards and missing the lever, so incomplete. There is vertical molding (3 pieces?) missing from the other side which is a bit of a headache unless you know a good carpenter to duplicate this exactly, and some bits of the case have been a bit roughly handled. Motor needs a good clean. The front portion of the tone arm is on the wrong way around.

Would like to see this one after you clean it up. 387 was an OK price.

Teak
Victor II

Post by Teak »

I thought so. The duplex maestrophone was 220 €. i always wanted some horn machines, so this haul comes in handy :D