Victor V
Personal Text: Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

Cylinder Transparencies

Post by Edisonfan »

Everlasting Cylinder

Edison Cylinders 2M Gold Moulded

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Cylinder Transparencies

Post by MordEth »

Paul,

Thanks for the images (and starting this thread). Here is the first of (what I hope are many) cut-out cylinders:

Up until now, all of the cylinder images in the stock avatar gallery were Norman’s, but then—is that really any surprise from someone whose site is The Cylinder Archive?

I’ll see what I can do with the other photo soon, and (to anyone who would like to see my work with one of their photos) feel free to reply with more images.

Your friendly internet daemon,

MordEth
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Edisonfan
Victor V

Post by Edisonfan »

Your Welcome MorEdth,

I have another of that same cylinder case. However, I do have other Indestructible cylinders. Alas, they have no containers.

Paul

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Paul,

I currently have 3 Blue Amberols on a shelf (a remnant from John’s YouTube videos that were recorded in my apartment), but alas, none of those cases have lids. I’ll have to see if he has any that are complete to photograph.

I may have some other things with which I can do some other images, as well.

At the moment, my organization is not quite what I wish it was. ;)

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Edisonfan
Victor V

Post by Edisonfan »

Ok!

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Shane,

You’re kidding, right? ;) I can and will use ALL of those! :D

Eventually I’d like our cylinder avatars to not be so thin (in quantity) compared to the 78s—I know that getting them 1:1 is impossible, but they’re still under-represented.

And I know we have at least a few cylinder fans here. :D

Thanks for the images!

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Shane,

Those images will work perfectly; for avatar-sized graphics, it’s not like I need a huge source image; I just like flaunting my larger cutouts in the threads. ;)

Plus, most of what I have to offer everyone here is my technical and graphics skills, but a lot of my motivation is that I honestly like playing with Photoshop.

I think you’ll keep me busy for a while with these, but keep the images coming! (I’ll cut everything out eventually.) :D

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Okay, here’s the first of Shane’s cylinders:

The record label transparencies are definitely easier to cut. ;)

— MordEth

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

I have some harder to find cylinder cases that i could take pictures of.But there is a problem i can never make them small enough to be used on the forum...can any one help?

Aaron

Edisonfan
Victor V

Post by Edisonfan »

Try Imageshack @ http://www.imageshack.us

or Photobucket @ http://www.photobucket.com

They have the codes to place photos on froums. The host photos, for this sort of thing.

Paul