Just a quick thank you.

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
EdisonWizard
Victor III

Just a quick thank you.

Post by EdisonWizard »

I just want to say...

Thank you so much everyone on Yankee Trader and elsewhere that have generously sold me machines, records, given advice etc. A lot of you have helped me in more ways than one, and have talked with me and inspired me more ways than one. One can say it's just selling a machine, but being that this hobby has always been a passion since 18, I finally have the means to build my collection and share these things with my young son. I don't think I could have done it without this forum and you generous people. Mods can delete if they want I know it's not a sale, but I just think this is more than just collecting "stuff" sometimes...or getting monetary things. The community we have is what I love the most. Hopefully one day I'll get to meet some of you! Until then...cheers!

-Jacob
J.F.

billybob62
Victor III

Re: Just a quick thank you.

Post by billybob62 »

Thanks!

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Jacob,

It would be sad indeed if it were just about "things". Thanks for recognizing and commenting on the human side of this fine hobby.

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

JerryVan wrote:Jacob,

It would be sad indeed if it were just about "things". Thanks for recognizing and commenting on the human side of this fine hobby.
I totally agree. It's a hobby but it's also a great friendship. Looks like email notifications are broken right now so I didn't get any of these!
J.F.

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

There are some great people in this hobby. Most of them are here. I have learned so much from the numerous posts, offered advice, found some great items, and sold some items. Let's hope that this Forum continues for a long time.
Ken Brekke

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

Yes, and let me ditto that.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Yes, this Forums really brings out the hobby. I can't meet everyone face to face, but with this forum, I feel that I know my fellow collectors very well.
Harvey Kravitz

Dedrums
Victor O
Personal Text: phonographs are like potato chips you can't just have one

Post by Dedrums »

Yes thank you boys for all the answers to my rookie questions and not laughing at me too much you guys Rock.