Rule proposal for Auctions and Craigslist Alerts forum

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
tomb
Victor IV

Re: Rule proposal for Auctions and Craigslist Alerts forum

Post by tomb »

soundgen wrote:Of course I post my Ebay items here if I think they are of interest to members , IT'S EBAY , why wouldn't I . any one can see they are my ( Soundgen ) 's items

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pedan ... fHXvu7logP
Which definition of pedantry applies here the first one or all??? Tom B

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

"My suggestion is simply to indicate whether your alert is to something you own or not so that further communications can take place with the appropriate parties. That's all."

Not to be critical, but if you click on the link to the eBay or Craigslist alert it takes you to the seller's listing which allows you to communicate directly with that party... So that seems redundant, unless you would rather communicate through the Forum, IF the seller is a member.
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

soundgen wrote:A National Geographic poll of over 500 young Americans, aged 18 to 24, showed that six per cent failed to locate their own country on a map of the world.

Among those with a high school education or less, the figure was one in ten. Only one in three could find Great Britain on a map.
This is exactly the problem in the US and why dumbed down young people shouldn't be allowed to vote. :lol: And if you think Trump is bad, wait until they put Kanye West, one of the Kardashians, an NFL player or Beyonce in office... (before anyone plays the race card, that is not the issue, just an observation) :roll:

Also, it's not important to know where Great Britain is... :lol:
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Hailey
Victor III

Post by Hailey »

Heck, if we are putting folks in office now...my vote is for Mel B.
At least she will be easy on the eyes!

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Ehem.....

First of all, political discussion ends now.

Back to the original question at hand, I think it's probably a good idea for those posting in the eBay section to mention it is their listing. However, I'm not interested in making another rule that people won't follow and I'll have to enforce. This really doesn't pose too much of an issue. Most people already do this, and in Mike's case, everyone knows that he is soundgen both here and on eBay.

Discussion closed.

Mr Grumpy
Victor III

Post by Mr Grumpy »

I'd vote for Beyonce.

Just sayin.
Vince
Youtube

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I agree. leave the political@#$%^&!!!! out of this. The reason of this Forum and phonographs is an escape from this nonsense. Leave things the way they are on Yankee Trader and CL/ Auctions, and enjoy our phonographs and records. 'Nuff said.
Harvey Kravitz
HisMastersVoice wrote:Ehem.....

Back to the original question at hand, I think it's probably a good idea for those posting in the eBay section to mention it is their listing. However, I'm not interested in making another rule that people won't follow and I'll have to enforce. This really doesn't pose too much of an issue. Most people already do this, and in Mike's case, everyone knows that he is soundgen both here and on eBay.

Discussion closed.

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

Phonofreak wrote:I agree. leave the political@#$%^&!!!! out of this. The reason of this Forum and phonographs is an escape from this nonsense. Leave things the way they are on Yankee Trader and CL/ Auctions, and enjoy our phonographs and records. 'Nuff said.
Harvey Kravitz
HisMastersVoice wrote:Ehem.....

Discussion closed.
Looks like a Home Run to me :D