Triumph Model d question

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
EdisonWizard
Victor III

Re: Triumph Model d question

Post by EdisonWizard »

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =7&t=15555

I found this post. Is this true? If so finding a replacement may be easier if I need to go that route. I'm going to set it up right now where it's supposed to be via the instructions and y'all can see how it sits and maybe give me an idea from there.
J.F.

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

FellowCollector wrote:The threads only on the feed screw of my Triumph D 2 measure 4 ⅝". The threads only on the feed screw of one of my Home D models measures 4 ½". So if your Triumph feed screw threads measure 4 ½" this certainly would be a contributing factor to your problem.

Doug
Well that definitely sounds like most of my problem! Im about to post some pics of where it "should" be, and that extra bit would give me enough for the "tits" on the end of the feedscrew to engage the clutch. I wonder how hard it's going to be to find a replacement...
J.F.

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

So adjusted "right" to my knowledge, the colar set screw won't go into the designated hole because the feedscrew hits the stop on the shaft before it can go that far. The feed screw isn't long enough to engage the clutch. And I still have the running out of space issue which is the mandrel problem I believe. So I believe I need another feedscrew and mandrel/shaft. I kind of tried to hammer it a little last night to see if I could get the mandrel shaped right again but I chickened out. If I knew I could find a replacement I'll try to repair.
Attachments
Adjusted "right"
Adjusted "right"
I pulled it left to show the colar won't not make it to the designated hole.
I pulled it left to show the colar won't not make it to the designated hole.
Feedscrew won't engage the clutch
Feedscrew won't engage the clutch
J.F.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Is the carriage itself properly mounted on the assembly, (tube that slides over the travers rod? If it's not, the distance between the half nut could be off and partially or fully causing your problem. :monkey:

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

Valecnik wrote:Is the carriage itself properly mounted on the assembly, (tube that slides over the travers rod? If it's not, the distance between the half nut could be off and partially or fully causing your problem. :monkey:
Hmm do you mean this?
Attachments
IMG_3931.JPG
IMG_3930.JPG
J.F.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Yes, Jakub, in the second picture the carriage seems to be mounted more or less at the end of the shaft/tube. On my E it's flush with the end too so yours seems about correct.

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

Valecnik wrote:Yes, Jakub, in the second picture the carriage seems to be mounted more or less at the end of the shaft/tube. On my E it's flush with the end too so yours seems about correct.
Wouldn't happen to have a mandrel and feedscrew laying around huh? ;)
J.F.

Valecnik
Victor VI

Post by Valecnik »

EdisonWizard wrote:
Valecnik wrote:Yes, Jakub, in the second picture the carriage seems to be mounted more or less at the end of the shaft/tube. On my E it's flush with the end too so yours seems about correct.
Wouldn't happen to have a mandrel and feedscrew laying around huh? ;)
No,I'm sorry I don't. I think you are on the right track though with the assumption that it's the mandrel shaft assembly that is not correct in some way.

Phonolair
Victor III

Post by Phonolair »

A sure way to find out if you have the correct feed screw is to check the end. On the end of the feed screw with the two pins it will be marked with some letters. If it is for a Triumph it will have a T stamped in it with another letter indicating the model.
If it's for a Home it will have a H stamped in the end with another letter indicting the model.
These letters are very small so look close. If the end is dirty you will need to clean it to see the letters.

Larry Crandell

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

Phonolair wrote:A sure way to find out if you have the correct feed screw is to check the end. On the end of the feed screw with the two pins it will be marked with some letters. If it is for a Triumph it will have a T stamped in it with another letter indicating the model.
If it's for a Home it will have a H stamped in the end with another letter indicting the model.
These letters are very small so look close. If the end is dirty you will need to clean it to see the letters.

Larry Crandell
Hmm all I saw was a D. I'll pull it back off and clean good and check again.
J.F.