VV 4-3 Tone Arm Paint Color Assistance

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
downsouth
Victor III

Re: VV 4-3 Tone Arm Paint Color Assistance

Post by downsouth »

To obtain a really nice CORRECT Orthophonic reproducer, you'll have to pay up for it. You'll be glad later on by spending your funds for the correct parts for your restorations. Just sayin. Wes

pellicano1
Victor II
Personal Text: The Phonograph Stop

Post by pellicano1 »

downsouth wrote:To obtain a really nice CORRECT Orthophonic reproducer, you'll have to pay up for it. You'll be glad later on by spending your funds for the correct parts for your restorations. Just sayin. Wes
I can add another machine to my collection for the prices some are asking for one part.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison

downsouth
Victor III

Post by downsouth »

That is so true. Sometimes you get lucky and can find what your looking for for cheap from someone unknowing as to what they have, but that usually won't happen among the members in the hobby. Quality original parts are usually hard to find.

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

downsouth wrote:That is so true. Sometimes you get lucky and can find what your looking for for cheap from someone unknowing as to what they have, but that usually won't happen among the members in the hobby. Quality original parts are usually hard to find.
I agree! I just wanted something to get me by for now. And if I had the fund's I would not have hesitated buying one of yours! Very nice!!
Thomas A. Edison

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

pellicano1 wrote:
downsouth wrote:To obtain a really nice CORRECT Orthophonic reproducer, you'll have to pay up for it. You'll be glad later on by spending your funds for the correct parts for your restorations. Just sayin. Wes
I can add another machine to my collection for the prices some are asking for one part.
And people wonder why some sellers part them out...
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

gramophone-georg wrote:
pellicano1 wrote:
And people wonder why some sellers part them out...
Exactly. It's a shame too. Tearing down a perfectly good machine for money. Sellers take advantage of supply and demand that's for sure.
Thomas A. Edison

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

You can get nice replica parts for front and back from Ron Sitko and others to replace bad pot metal parts. Not sure if you could just get a nickel plated replacement front for your new RCA Victor reproducer. Would it fit?

Andreas

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

alang wrote:You can get nice replica parts for front and back from Ron Sitko and others to replace bad pot metal parts. Not sure if you could just get a nickel plated replacement front for your new RCA Victor reproducer. Would it fit?

Andreas
Thanks! I wouldnt interchange them. What I may do is use this one for a while then when Im ready maybe trade plus cash for someone who needs this one in exchange for a good pot metal Ortho.
Thomas A. Edison

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Post by briankeith »

I buy junk portables at the flea markets just for the Ortho reproducers - then I send them to Wyatt for a rebuild :D :D

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

briankeith wrote:I buy junk portables at the flea markets just for the Ortho reproducers - then I send them to Wyatt for a rebuild :D :D
Nice!!! I am feeling confident enough now to rebuild on my own. It took a few tries but I think I got it now. It helps out tremendously understanding what each component does. My problem is finding them lol.
Thomas A. Edison