WANTED: Credenza Horn (APS show)

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Re: WANTED: Credenza Horn (APS show)

Post by gramophone-georg »

Jwb88 wrote:I technically still haven't gotten a horn, although I met someone through this community that has one across the country and he has been kind enough to look into shipping possibilities when he is able to.

Someone (me) out to try to manufacture a folded horn replacement. It's possible, and that way one would know it was still air-tight inside. Quite a few empty cabinets out there, it seems.But it would probably take hours and hours of work! Maybe one day...
Look into shipping it Greyhound. Aside from the inconvenience of having to ship it terminal to terminal they're super reasonable on big stuff, and I've yet to experience any damage even to a box.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Jwb88
Victor II

Post by Jwb88 »

Greyhound is what I was thinking, too. When he's able to check on it I think that will be the most reasonable way to go. Hilariously enough, the Southern California "metropolis" I'm stuck in actually just closed the greyhound terminal here. That's how they deal with homelessness. They blamed Greyhound for attracting homeless people (it was about the size of a bredroom, seats with arms in between so no one could lay down, locked bathroom, and security guard). Greyhound said they couldn't do any better, so the city of Riverside closed them down. I'll have to go to the San Bernardino terminal.

They also have plans for moving the library and making the current building into a chicano art center built around Ceech Marin's art collection and they're also closing the museum. I can't make this stuff up.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Jwb88 wrote:Greyhound is what I was thinking, too. When he's able to check on it I think that will be the most reasonable way to go. Hilariously enough, the Southern California "metropolis" I'm stuck in actually just closed the greyhound terminal here. That's how they deal with homelessness. They blamed Greyhound for attracting homeless people (it was about the size of a bredroom, seats with arms in between so no one could lay down, locked bathroom, and security guard). Greyhound said they couldn't do any better, so the city of Riverside closed them down. I'll have to go to the San Bernardino terminal.

They also have plans for moving the library and making the current building into a chicano art center built around Ceech Marin's art collection and they're also closing the museum. I can't make this stuff up.
Well... that certainly is a buzzkill...
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek