00y0y_egelJzofDnw_50x50c.jpg (1.03 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
00m0m_7sKhWkytUmX_600x450.jpg
00m0m_7sKhWkytUmX_600x450.jpg (9.67 KiB) Viewed 1405 times

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Re: Victor XVI

Post by alang »

Wow, I paid more than three times that for mine. :shock: Guess it will be a keeper, because I would never sell it for that kind of money. :?

Andreas

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Post by GregVTLA »

Wow, that's not a bad asking price. It's a little out of my way but I feel tempted :lol:.

Steve Levi
Victor II

Post by Steve Levi »

I think that's a good price too! I am intrigued by the serial #56563 DM. Does anyone have an idea what the DM after the serial designates? Again, a good price for what looks to be a decent L-door Victrola, even if it needs spring work, etc. Steve

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

This is not a criticism but I have been trying to use the word "Victor" for horn models and "Victrola" for machines with internal horns. Of course this is a bit confusing when you have one of the later School Models that is tagged as a Victrola XXV and it features a large oak horn. I refer to machines as VV-XI or Victor Victrola XI. We have real confusion when a Victrola IV or VI is referred to as a Victor IV or VI. This is just a good habit to embrace and I only mention it with the best intentions.

Happy Collecting,
Jerry Blais

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Jerry B. wrote:This is not a criticism but I have been trying to use the word "Victor" for horn models and "Victrola" for machines with internal horns. Of course this is a bit confusing when you have one of the later School Models that is tagged as a Victrola XXV and it features a large oak horn. I refer to machines as VV-XI or Victor Victrola XI. We have real confusion when a Victrola IV or VI is referred to as a Victor IV or VI. This is just a good habit to embrace and I only mention it with the best intentions.

Happy Collecting,
Jerry Blais
I'll second that, and also with the best of intentions. It's a bad habit to acquire, and possibly harmful for newbies to read who don't know the difference. In its catalogs, Victor always distinguished between Victors and Victrolas (with the exception noted above). :)

George P.